HELP. Need Cargo Space exact measurement ex35/ex37 QX50

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
8northtx8
Car: ex35

Need help from ex35/ex37/qx50 owners. The length from rear hatch to the back of the driver seat, and width above the rear strut tower cover, side panel to side panel (I am 5" 5", and I do not put the chair too far back when driving). The car is at the airport, and I must pick up a plywood on the way home measuring 58" by 48". I am assuming I can do this on my ex35, perhaps by inserting it diagonally will help, since the bottom cargo floor by lower rear strut tower seems only in +/- 40". Thank you so very much.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

If I still had my EX35, I'd go out and measure for you.

Not sure if you have the roof rack, but if you did it would be preferable to use it. I was able to transport a few 4x8 sheets of drywall and plywood on my aftermarket crossbars when I had my EX.

Whether or not it works out, let us know. I think the issue is that the cargo area tapers a lot as you move closer to the rear liftgate. The area where you may run into the most trouble would probably be closer to the top of the cargo opening. The window of the liftgate is sloped more forward than upright.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”