help: might be electrical system problem

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
jben

I got a problem when I tried to change the headlight for my old 89's 240sx. I just followed the user manual, disconnect battery negative terminal, change the new headlight, and reconnect battery.

After that, however, I found I couldn't start the car any more. Whenever I open the door, the four side markers ( the small lights on each corner) kept flashing, as well as the clock on the dash board. And I heard some click-click sound. This will last around 1 min until it goes off. All these happened even before I plug my car key.

Since all the lights are still on, and stereo also works, it won't be bad battery. I doubt if it's due to the electrical system. Now my car is dead there at home. Hope I don't have to tow it to garage.

If anybody can give me some advice, I would really apppreciate!!!

Regards,

Ben

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

i hate to tell ya this dude , but you might get beatter help in the 240 section ....HEY MODS LETS MOVE THIS ONE K?

but i would clean all the battery terminals and make sure that they go on good and tight , sounds like a very minor grounding problem , a OHM meter would be nice to check the resistance in the cricuit between the battery and the chassis ground , got mine for around 30 bucks at sears mine will check volts ohms etc and is my best freind when it comes to electrics , never work on british cars without one hehehe

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”