help me pick out my system

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
s0ldats

hello guys, i've done some research on car audio and i'm curious as to what you guys think is good for me. I mainly listen to punk/rock/80's music and occasionally rap/eurobeat. I was thinking about just getting a small bazooka tube sub or whatever they're called. i have no ideas on head unit or regular speakers. help me out!

thanks.

drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

Well, the thing is that everyone has different opinions on systems. Fact is, what sounds good to one might sound like shiz to the other...I have Polk Audio speakers and am looking into maybe a JVC, Sony, or Panasonic head unit....I love the polks though, very nice... :)

bazan
Car: workin' on my 240, hanging with Katie!

As far as a head unit goes I would recommend Alpine. You can find good Alpine head units on eBay for cheap. I've got a CDA-7873 that just rocks. I listen to rock myself and just love the thing. Haven't heard it in my 240 yet, but when it was in my accord it was great. Also had some Pioneer 6.5"s on it, those stayed in the car. Oh well, good luck with your system.

BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

It also depends on how much you wanna spend. Since i dont think you want anything showy or anything phoenomenal, Id stick with Alpine for head units, and JL Audio, Audiobahn, or Phoenix Gold for subs, and MB Quart, Infinity for speakers.

s0ldats

BB Turbo H C S15 wrote:It also depends on how much you wanna spend. Since i dont think you want anything showy or anything phoenomenal, Id stick with Alpine for head units, and JL Audio, Audiobahn, or Phoenix Gold for subs, and MB Quart, Infinity for speakers.

exactly what i was looking for. i don't want anything flashy. i just want a decent replacement for my stock system.

blackbeltclub99
Car: 93 RX7

i went with the infinity baselink for the sub. It sounds great and doesn't take up much space at all and JL audio all around.

Former_240_s14
Car: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

jl audio 10w3d4 sub and an alpine v12 amp will do fine for your amp. alpine's all a round

Woodmister

How about a nice Audiobahn 12" or 15" with a D class amp? Just to let you know that the 12" is better for all around music, but the 15" will go lower in SPL. How much are you perpared to spend?

EDIT: If your looking to replace your whole system, speakers, HU, and want a sub, I suggest a 5 channel since it can power speakers and subs at the same time.

nismo_man

go with alpine,i had a 7883in my car and i gave it to my girlfriend, and i just put in a 7893with the blue backlight and its sweet.i would only use alpine for a head unit. Dan

scruf1986
Car: the car

Alpine or Pioneer for head unitInfinity for speakers

sprstu
Car: cars, the simpsons, bmx, snowboarding, skateboarding, cars, everything

pioneer all around, head and speakers. if yu dont want to spend tons i would stay away from jl and mb quart, i would go rockford sub, like a ten, depending on your space. if you dont listen to much rap or techno a single or double (depending on space) would be best. 12's and up are more rap oriented, plus if you go big it will drown out all the other stuff in your non rap dominant music choices. pioneer head and speakers, rockford 10 sub.

scruf1986
Car: the car

Hmm. Im not going to flame sprstu but considering I just saw rockford. But I want to add MB Quart for speakers jl audio amp and jl audio subs.

CyberCJ30
Car: Infiniti J30t

s0ldats wrote:hello guys, i've done some research on car audio and i'm curious as to what you guys think is good for me. I mainly listen to punk/rock/80's music and occasionally rap/eurobeat. I was thinking about just getting a small bazooka tube sub or whatever they're called. i have no ideas on head unit or regular speakers. help me out!

thanks.
I know the bazooka's may look cool but don't do it, I know some people are in love with them but I can't stand them. As far as subs go I recently gained an interest in SPL's new line. If you can afford it I would go with their W series subs, they beat the Audiobahn ACW12Q's with about half the price.

InstantRice

...audiobahns can be found rediculously cheap online

Woodmister

Go here... http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Subwoofers.htm find a sub. Go to http://www.thezeb.com and do a Price Match. You get great prices, 7bux shipping for your entire order, and Audiobahns warrenty (which rocks!)....

InstantRice

s0ldats wrote: punk/rock/80's music and occasionally rap/eurobeat.

Rock and roll + audiobahns are a big nono though. I would suggest something w/ some sq.

ayjay

well it all depends on how much you wanna spend, but for a set of speakers that are easy to install, and will kick the crap outta any coaxials (besides Boston Acoustics of course :D) are the CDT Braxials... they are component speakers, but have the tweeter bridged onto the basket of the midbass driver with a metal bracket... makes install real easy but also angles the tweeter up at an angle and creates pretty good imaging as a result...

check em out here: CDT Audio

don't be scared off by the prices cause you can get the 6.5's for under $200 off ebay. they compare to the focal polyflex line of components, so they're a pretty good deal...

nothingwrong
Car: what eva

How much do you wanna spend??????

Id go with Alpine for the head unit, find one in your price range.

As for subs, Id go with some Image Dyanamics subs( ID or IDQ series) or maybe some JL W3s. Most likely in sealed enclosures, if your looking for mostly sound quality. A single subs set up would work well too, maybe an Adire Audio Brahma, Image Dynamics IDMAX, or maybe a W7.

For amps, Id go with ARC audio(their KAR series is not that expensive), JL amps,or Orion(awesome amps). To keep it simple you could get the Memphis Audio Memphis Belle. 5 channel amp the has a 1000 watt sub channel.

MB Quart, CDT, Image Dynamics(chameleons are fairly cheap), or maybe some Phoenix Gold Titanium Elites. Those would be my choice for mids and tweets. A two way or three way component set will give you the best sound, I wouldnt go with any coaxials. And please run your mids and highs off an amp. You'll thank your self.

It all depends on how much you wanna spend, heres some links to some online retailers

http://www.thezeb.comhttp://www.sounddo ... ersetc.com

ayjay

damn man... ARC audio is bling bling... good suggestions, but also, if you look on ebay, the old Soundstream Rubicons are wicked for SQ, and they are pretty cheap... they won lots of awards for car audio... the newer rubicons, called rubicon 2, aren't as good, cause i think soundstream got bought out by some ****tier but larger company...

InstantRice

as on subs elemental designs perhaps?

ayjay

InstantRice wrote:as on subs elemental designs perhaps?

good call on the subs... heard good things about em...

either way, you'd be way better off with a single fully powered sub, as opposed to two underpowered ones... try to get elemental designs, i like peeps who stay away from the big brands, and represent the lesser known ones :D

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”