HELP ME fine a relay!!!

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
240convert

alright guys...i'm bummed...

i need a top relay...went to the dealer, coutesy nissan...paid them $140 just for them to tell me that the relay is bad...they said its under the dash on the driver side on top there somewhere...

they then supposely tried to order me one but after a week of bs, they said nissan doesn't make them anymore...so i tried to go to the bone yard but they said chances are its slim they can fine me one...

where can i get one?

toptechracing
Car: 98 240sx race car/ 93 convert

Did he give you a part number to look for? What color is the relay?

spinout180

You could probably just wire in a standard 5-pin Bosch-style relay... I will crack open my book tomorrow and try to work up the schematic.... would cost you $5.00.

Darren

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

The only relay I can find that's in the driver's footwell is the ignition relay. What I would do is ask the dealership specifically what relay it was they found was bad, then go to a junkyard and pull it from a junker 240

den240
Car: 92 ca18det cnvt

I think it was Chingon that said there are some 'verts in some yards near him (I think in TX?)

If you can find out exactly where the part is, part number, etc, maybe he could get one for you.

Otherwise, I think that as MeltedMonitor said, you could probably just wire up a standard relay to replace it.

240convert

well i'm going to the dealer today and tell them to point it out to me which relay they are talking about...

i'll get you guys a number and if you guys can help me out...that would be sweet...

Hijacker
'94 F-150

den240 wrote:I think it was Chingon that said there are some 'verts in some yards near him (I think in TX?)

If you can find out exactly where the part is, part number, etc, maybe he could get one for you.

Otherwise, I think that as MeltedMonitor said, you could probably just wire up a standard relay to replace it.
Nissan uses the same relays for different uses. If we can figure out which relay it is, then we should be able to get a Nissan relay of the same type to work

240convert

HOLY CRAP MAN!!!

i went to the dealership and the machanic just pointed the location to me...

i then went home and tried to tackle it and its a total pain...

he said its behind the "white" little box that is directly on top of the fuse box that is under the dash on the driver side...

anyone have any idea how to takle though all the wires? there is a billion wires...

its alittle late tonight...i'm gonna try some more tomorrow...

Hijacker
'94 F-150

the white box right above the fuse box is the Super Multi Junction box.

Looking at my FSM, the only two relays located back there are the rear window defogger relay (not needed since we have no rear defogger) and the bulb check relay. The top main relay is also there.

Since the car starts fine, I can assume that the ignition relay is not blown.

If the top functions fine, then the top relay is ok as well.

240convert

tenkawa_akito wrote:the white box right above the fuse box is the Super Multi Junction box.

Looking at my FSM, the only two relays located back there are the rear window defogger relay (not needed since we have no rear defogger) and the bulb check relay. The top main relay is also there.

Since the car starts fine, I can assume that the ignition relay is not blown.

If the top functions fine, then the top relay is ok as well.
thats the thing bro, the top does NOT function fine...and thats where they said the relay was and that it was bad...i don't have a FSM for the convertible...since you said there was 3 relays, how do i know which witch is witch?

thanks for helping me out by the way...

Hijacker
'94 F-150

i circled it for you. there are three relays up there, you want the top right relay. M71

240convert

Alright i got it out....

actually i got it out a few days ago already but been real bz with skool and work and all...

I'm 99% sure this is the one if its behind that white box that is right above the daym fuse box...its brown...there is one other one right next to it...its pretty small though so i don't think that could be it...

This one had like 6 wires going into it and 2 of them were pretty big...say 12 or 14 gauge compared to your typical 16 or so car wire gauge...

The numbers are as follows...

25230C996312V30406H

On the top of the fuse, it has the following:

3 o--o/ o--o 56 o--o/ o--o 71 o--@@--o 2

/ is the switch, @@ is some resistor i belive...

I really hope this is it...please help...if you can get or find me another fuse or if you can help me bypass this...that would be great...

ONE MORE THING:

Someone told me you can crack these relays open and tell if they are bad if they are burnt or something like that...is this true?

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”