Help me find parts PLEASE!

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Tine
Car: 2004 FX35

I have an 04 model. I'm looking for the "smoked" tail light that come with 05+ Where can I find a set?

Also, my center console needs some attention. Are there any aftermarket websites I can visit to avoid the stealership?

TIA

Chris92SE
Car: 2017 QX30
2003 Pathfinder LE

You can probably find the lights on ebay or maybe Craigslist.

Ebay has some fake wood grain overlays and"dash trim kits" for about $120 up to $300.

I would also like to find some new center console pieces. I did a search on yahoo before and there are some sites that have all kinds of overlay kits, some are even genuine brushed aluminum, but they run $200+

dashkitspecialties.com had one for $200+ 15% for real brushed aluminum.

I don't know if they are designed to overlay aluminum on top of what we have now (that would be kind of strange). The dark wood I have seen looks OK, but I just haven't been concerned enough to bother with mine. The trim around my shifter is scratched up and there are a couple of small dings in the main part.

I think I might start a new thread...
Modified by Chris92SE at 2:59 PM 5/25/2009

Tine
Car: 2004 FX35

Thanks for your reply. Will changing the tail lights be a direct plug and play type of install (ie. no need for ECU flash)?

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Welcome to Nico.

If you want to to replace the lights there are a few options. You can go to a site like http://www.infinitipartsusa.co...id=55 and order a set for an 05 FX35 Sport, make sure you get the lenses that go on the rear hatch.

In order to change the body mounted lights you need to remove the black plastic cover (a small flathead screwdriver or plastic panel separator works well) then remove the two 10mm head bolts. There is a small black cover that twists off and a little white connector that needs to be separated and there you go. When reinstalling the black plastic cover attention needs to be payed so the tabs do not break off.

The reverse lights require a little more work. You will need to remove the hatch finisher and remove the bolts and connector similar to the side lights.

There was a recall on the FX tail lights (non DOT approved apparently) I will see if I can find the part number for the set of two and all that will leave you needing is the reverse lights.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”