HELP! Low tire pressure warning!

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
zippyslug31
Car: 2006 G35 coupe

On my way into work this morning I noticed the tire pressure warning light was lit.Didn't feel flat, but of course extra paranoid and thought it felt strange.

Just wondering if anyone knows at what pressure it turns on? Just want to know if I should get the lame spare out or is it ok until I can get some air in it?

Also, before I run it over to a service station, what is the perferred pressure front and rear?

CoppellStereo
Car: 2007 G35 S Sedan 6MT

do you have run flats? if you dont, and it doesnt look like it is flat, i would be cautious and fill it up asap

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

I believe it's set to go off at 30psi. For the proper fill level, check your data plate one the inside driver's door jam. (for my 05 coupe, its 36psi). Check each with a tire pressure meter; don't trust those that are attached to gas station air hoses.

Unless you're totally flat, a spare isn't needed...probably just need some air.

BTW, The warning light will not go off right away, but if you've filled all the tires to the proper level, it will (eventually).

etschell
Car: 2007 f17

sometimes mine goes off after a minute, sometimes it takes up to 10

c_anderson117
Car: 04 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Mine comes on when I'm driving on long trips, but not when I'm driving around town. It goes off when I start the car again. Must be the aftermarket wheels

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

For couple of days I had a screw in my tire. I had the warning every morning. It goes off at 30 psi. I had to pump air in every day. I got sick off it and visited my friends tire shop. He took the screw out and put a plug in it. Since that no problem. Every time I put some air in the tire it took about a minute driving to go away.

Zozoka

zippyslug31

Don't have run flats.... if I understand correctly. I thought run flats where the self-inflators?Mine are stock sport 19"s on an '06 coupe.

As much as I hate to admit it, I have never checked the f'n tire pressure since I bought it last year! I have a much older "project car" that I spend way too much time scewing around with. The G has always been the dependable car and I've only checked/changed the oil.I know, very bad on me!

Might be just a matter of a slow leak, but I'm inclined to think there may be something stuck in the tire. When I leave for home it hopefully won't be flat.... I'll just carefully take my short drive home and fill it and check all 4 corners.

Do most folks just stick with the stock psi? I tend to lean toward "performance pressure" and don't drive a ton of miles so I wouldn't mind keeping it firm (not sure if that's stock though).

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Hey zippyslug31

Go to an auto supply store & purchase a good dial tire pressure gauge. Tire pressure should be checked weekly along with checking your oil & glancing at the other fluids ie power steering, brake and coolant level.

This whole routine should not take more than 5 min and it could save you money a headaches while on the road. Tire pressue should be 35psi.I had a similar problem that turned out to be a defective wheel sensor that the dealer replaced under the warranty. If your tire pressure on all four tires is 35 psi & the warning light does not go off after a short time take the vehicle back to the dealer.

Telcoman

WESIDE
Car: 2006 g35 coupe

I have heard that you can lose up to 5 psi a month depending on temprature differences. Any one else?

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

I think if you have sensor on the car that should do the job. It set to 30 psi. I only checking it every 2 weeks. The pressure remained nearly same in the last 6 weeks. I agreee about the tire pressure can save you a lot of $ on gas on tire life etc. If I leave a town I check it before just in case.

zozo

zippyslug31

WESIDE wrote:I have heard that you can lose up to 5 psi a month depending on temprature differences. Any one else?
Could have been my problem.

"limped" my G home yesterday, got out the digital tire gauge and checked all 4 corners: they all varied +/- 1 psi of 30psi. Dumbbutt me just never checked them before so it likely wasn't a nail, just a dumb owner.

Guess I was just being lazy and it's now time to give it the normal attention that I give my PITA old VW (which requires ton more PM).

Happy ending and lesson learned.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”