Help, I'm trying to get my Versa!

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
nycgrounds
Car: Nissan Versa

Well, hey everyone, here is my story. I went crazy for 2 weeks looking for a Nissan Versa. I finally found Samsone Nissan in Route 1 in New Jersey. They had this Red Alert Versa you see below. They gave me the "gold package" "decor package" and tints (on rear passenger windows and rear window) for free after some negotiating. It is a Versa '07 SL with CVT charcoal interior and it has power everything. I got it all for $16,200 + taxes. Dealer told me to take the red Versa and gave me a 48 hour return to take it back and get the color I wanted, Blue Onyx. Here is where the problem begins. I bought it on august 19th and took it back on the 21st. They have my $8,000 deposit and I call the dealer each and every day and speak to the salesman who always tells me to hang tight that he is breaking his back trying to get me one and that they are trying to do a swap to get me my Blue Onyx with the same package. BUT guys, I'm SICK OF WAITING. What should I do, are they just throwing my Blue Onyx on the back burner since they already got my $8,000? How do you guys think the Black versa would look with the gold package (gold nissan signs on rims and front and back of car) + decor (stripe on side to match gold package? HELP! I'm in Jersey and don't know what to do!

nycgrounds

Here is another pic.

nycgrounds

and the last pic of the rims.

ftnssn
Car: Versa SL

You didn't have to pay for this "gold package" did you?

skoobahead
Car: Powder 1.8SL CVT

That's one heck of a down payment for not having a car. I'd give him a deadline and then get your money back. Of'course dealers don't like to give back what they already have.

voltronguy
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Super Black

nycgrounds wrote: Dealer told me to take the red Versa and gave me a 48 hour return to take it back and get the color I wanted, Blue Onyx.
I don't understand, is the red Versa in your possession now? That seems like a strange arrangement. "Borrow" a new car while we look for the one you really want. If you do have the red one I don't see why they would even try to look for another. You might want to check your contract and see what they owe you, and if there is anything about this swap in writing. Good luck.

muskrat

I can relate on the waiting part it can be very fustrating! I would definatley read the contract. That sounds too strange that a dealer would allow you to use a car for 2 days at will and then return. With Versa's in high demand I can't image why a dealer would take such a appreciation hit. You can wait for the new color to come out but the whole swap thing never really works out in my view.

nycgrounds

No, it's actually not in my possesion right now, I gave it back on the 21st. On the contract the dealer's manager wrote 48 hours money back gurantee or exchange for color of choice as lon as no more than 100 miles on car. I did just that and wanted the blue onyx. WELL, Anyone have any suggestions, I don't know about RED ALERT as a color? How would black look with the gold package?

nycgrounds

ftnssn wrote:You didn't have to pay for this "gold package" did you?
Yep, got it free. Thats the reason I wanted to give them the time they need to find me the blue onyx since they are going to add the same "gold package" "tints" and the "decor package".

skoobahead

Ok so 48 hours are up. Get your money back. Been there done that.Although I only gave a $100.00 deposit, the dealership didn't want to let go of it.

"Oh I can get you another one. No problem"

After 3 days of holding my money I got it back and found another Versa at another dealership. I'd advise you to do the same. All your dealer is doing is trying to get the car from another dealer. Problem is this car isn't a Ford Taurus. Dealerships have no incentive to trade a car in such demand. They can sell it at their own lot. You've already been waiting 11 days!

Buy the Red one or move on.

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Like others have said, get your money back and go find the car at a different dealer yourself. I got mine from another dealer that had told the first dealer I was working with that they didn't have any!!! I didn't know this until after I bought the car. Like someone said, they have no incentive to trade. Most of the ones around here won't even trade Versa for Versa!! Go to the dealer locator on the Nissan website, punch in your zip and search a 100 mile radius. Then, go to the next city 25 miles or so away and punch in their zip. You will be suprised at the number of dealers you find. Call them all and inquire to see if they have what you want. If they tell you they can get you one, say no thanks, you'll call back if you can't find one. That is what we did and after about 30 dealers, we found the one we wanted. Good luck.

nycgrounds

True, the problem is that I won't get the "gold package" anywhere else or the tints for free with the decor which according to the dealer is worth over $1,400. Also they have to run my damn credit again!

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

There are no official "gold" or "Decor" packages via Nissan, those are all things that the particular dealer you are working with have added on. I don't even know what you mean by "decor" because, aside from some gold plating on the emblems and window tinting, I see no difference between that versa and a stock versa.

And window tinting is NOT expensive. Even if you don't want to pay for it yourself, it should not be hard to talk a dealer into throwing it in for you.

If those little blingy things are so important to you, you may have to seriously consider the Red Alert...

jallendavis
Car: 1992 Maxima GL, 2005 Pathfinder SE 2x4, 2007 Versa SL (will take delivery in late Sept.)

nycgrounds wrote:True, the problem is that I won't get the "gold package" anywhere else or the tints for free with the decor which according to the dealer is worth over $1,400. Also they have to run my damn credit again!
Sounds to me like you're getting the run around. The "decore" can't really be worth all this trouble and like others have said, window tint won't cost that much. Also as far as running your credit again don't worry about it, I am a banker and I sell loans every day. It dosn't hurt to shop for credit any more as long as it hasn't been more than 30 days since the first dealer ran it, there will be no differance in how it effects you credit score.

just my $.02

toby

You need to talk to go to the dealership and tell them to give you your money or you'll call the police. On what grounds, you might ask? Hello....? YOU'VE BEEN ROBBED! As it is right now, you will never get your money back by continuing to wait... I'd like to know why with $8,000 in the hands of the dealer, and no car in your possession, you even care about how the "gold package" would look on a black Versa. Who cares? Where's my eight grand is all you need to be asking about!

skoobahead

"The problem is that I won't get the "gold package" anywhere else or the tints for free with the decor which according to the dealer is worth over $1,400"

Yeah right. $1400.00?! $500.00 in dealer cost and $900.00 in dealer profit.

Nycgrounds, Go get your 8K back!

indus49
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S, Magnetic Gray with Beige/Black Interior, Power Package.

I'm definitely siding with everyone else here, get your cash back... you've had enough of this place.

When I went to shop for my new car, I found this website:http://www.carbuyingtips.com/

Great tips, and in there the author even said: DO NOT GIVE A DOWN PAYMENT IN CASH!

And if you signed papers on this deal, it will be EVEN HARDER to get your cash back!

They absolutely owe you your money back, and you should not have driven around a new dealer car.... I would be pissed if I knew someone was driving my new red Versa. Why? Because it's now USED, no matter how far under 100 miles you drove it.

Read this guy's website, then contact your local better business bureau to see if there's been a complaint filed against this dealership. Grab your contract, your receipts and call your Attorney General's office to register a complaint if they give you a run around.

And please, be careful with your money. A sucker is born every day, but you don't need to be going to dealerships in a crib.

Print out a Nissan ad with everything you want in a car, slap it down at your local dealer and say "I want this, do you have it?"

That's what I did, and I got the car I wanted a week later (they were getting the delivery in, the only reason I'd take a car that is either not on the lot or not ordered by me from the factory.)

Also, NEVER take a car from another dealership. You lose all bargaining power, and certain incentives to make a car cheaper. Find out what dealership the car YOU want is coming from, GO THERE and BUY IT. Plain and simple.

Return to “Versa General Chat”