Help! how to take off the lower timing chain cover

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
93_240sx

Hi, I am trying to take off my timing chain, I am in the half way now, I took off all the belt and the top timing chain cover, but now the bottom part of the timing chain cover can't be take out as I thought, so I checkeed and checked again, and I coudln't find any nut or screw, everything I took them off, well then I try to use a flat head to open it from the side and from any gap, well it doens't work that well, it is still got stuck in between, anyone have any suggestion how to open it, DO i Need such a tool like Puller and stuffs?

Thank you

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

Im assuming youve pulled the crank pulley? You actually need to pull your oil pump (4 bolts hold it to the front cover, then it drops right out) as there is a screw hidden behind it. You also need to pull the front 3 or 4 bolts off your oil pan, as these bolt to the front cover as well.

R240NA

You can also just drop the oil pan completely, or unbolt the oil pickup from the pump. The pickup drops down into the pan, so that's probably what's holding you up.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

I've done this twice and I'm pretty familiar with it. The safesty way is to drop the oil pan. Unfortunatly this requires you do drop the front sub-frame also. Kind of a pain in the ***, but that is how I did it. I tried to do it w/o dropping the oil pan the first time and I ended up dropping it anyway, AND buy a new oil pan. These aren't cheap.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

btw- use the search button. I KNOW that every question pertaining to this has been answered.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”