HELP! gauges aren't working!

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
nismo_tuner125
Car: datsun 510

i just installed a set of speedhut gauge faces on my 510 and thats all fine and everything, but now the fuel gauge won't even move when i turn the ignition on. it hasnt been driven yet so i don't know if the speedo or temp gauge work. i have no idea why they won't work now, and it all went back on exactly the way it came off (minus the fact there's new gauge faces). but i don't know what else to check for now, i made sure the connection wasn't loose, everythings wired the same, but the only thing that is different is that i took out one of the bulbs and ran the wires for the gauge faces through it, but on the back side of the circuit board, it's not even in the same circuit. i'll go ahead and try putting the bulb back in anyway and see if i get any luck. if anyone at least has any suggestions i'd greatly appreciate it!

nismo_tuner125
Car: datsun 510

put the bulb back in and got it to work! i had to remove another one to run the wires through and it works now

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”