Help G35 - Killing me with this overheating!

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
RichardG35
Car: 2003 G35

Ok, well did the 60K PM on this G35. Part of the many things I wanted to replace was the upeer and lower radiator hose and the thermostat.

So got my factory Nissan parts in and replaced those 3 parts. Filled the rad back up with fluid and eversince then it will run hot and start to over heat.Now the parts are dealer parts, even the gasket. The car will sit and idle ok but start to drive it it wants to climb up to the H mark. I have jacked the front up, and let sit overnight with no cap on it to let the air bleed out. I also have tacked the 5k mark a few times while the front is off the ground to help get the air out.

So my question is, Is there a better way to get the air out? My friend at the dealer (Parts department) siad that they use a machine to pull a vac on the system. Well I have no way to use that machine so I need to figure this out. The car has been down now for four days and need it Sunday if possible!

Thanks if anyone can help me.Nashville TN

RichardG35

And I did do a search but could not find anything on the G35.Thanks

RichardG35

Ok, boys and girls. Well the problem is fixed.

I ended up going and getting a long funnel with a small end that fit inside the bleeder valve. I held it up to allow the air to escape and filled it with antifreeze while the car was running. Alot of air was still trapped and took in more antifreeze. Test drove the 35 easy and then hard. Then hard again and nothing. The needle stayed at the half mark all the time. Took it on a 40 mile trip to town and back and still never over heated so problem is fixed.

Hope this helps someone else.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

A very important but often overlooked step... Glad it did not require more parts!!

Jacko3

When doing a complete flushing of radiator fluid in cars, leave bleeder valve open and engine running--ti drives out the air and allows the fluid to take up the space left by the air.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”