Help FX35 Battery Connector Replacement

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
OnYourKnees
Car: G37S and FX35

Hey guys,

New member, thanks for having me.

Does anyone know the part number of this battery connector pictured. My wifes FX wouldnt start today and I went to jump it and it was corroded very badly. I tried to remove the connector from the post and it literally began to fall apart. Then the nut holding the connector was frozen. In the process the fuse that is on top of the unit bent quite a bit and is now unusable.

If somebody knows the part number and approx what this will cost me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

BTW I posted this on another forum and realized nobody goes there. I have 2 infinitis so I look forward to hanging around.

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

I would love to help you but I need to know what year FX35 you have. But I would say see the local Infiniti dealer about the connector. I hope its available seprate from a harness.

OnYourKnees
Car: G37S and FX35

Thank you.

Its a 2004. In my head I wrote that.

I talked to the dealership this AM and they seem to be able to get the part, but its from NY. I can get it here tomorrow, so its not the end of the world. I suppose the battery could still be dead on top of it all.

The fuse link and connector to alternator/starter is $60 and the top post connector for the battery is $7 pre tax. In case anyone is interested.

Im going down today to make sure I get the right part.

Thanks for your help Infinitiguy19.

Socaldiablo
Car: 2004 Infiniti QX56 - Black on Willow
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Black on Black
2006 Ducati ST3
2008 Kawasaki KLX450r

Onyourknees,
Do you know about infinitipartsusa.com? If I ever need OEM parts, I go to this site and never the dealer. If you can't find what you need on the site, you can always call them. This site is run out of an Infiniti dealer in Scottsdale, AZ. I, too, have 2 Infinitis so I order from these guys quite often, whether it be simply for oil change parts or other more complex replacement parts. I looked for the specific part in your picture for an 04' FX35 and I didn't see it on the parts picture but if it's an OEM part, this place can get it for you cheaper than your local dealer will sell it to you. Keep this in mind next time. I have no affiliation with this company ...just thought I would share my experience with OEM parts and using them.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”