Help for a new Vert G37 Customer

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
Edonosocl

Hi guys, interesting forum load of really great information about this beautiful car. Let me introduce myself...I'm a Chilean guy...yes from the long and thin south American country next to Argentina....almost at the bottom of the world. The situation is that Infiniti is landing in Chile, actually it is the first south American country to start working, even before Brasil....and of course I test drive the Infiniti Coupe and I love it...but when I saw the vert, I fell in love and I'm about to buy one in any moment, BUT, I start reading all the issues with the top and all those stories with the dents and top designing issues that I'm kind of scared to move forward with the purchase....I really fell in love with this car, even without test driving it, but I'm really concern about what to expect with the top mechanism and issues that I read. Can anyone confirm if this is something still pending to solve from Infiniti tech guys, or the new model 2013 has this issue solved?. The model that is selling Infiniti here is the European one. I would highly appreciate any comment or suggestion on this topic. Thanks in advance.

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

I have one of the first cars from the original 2009 line of the verts. I have never had a single problem with the roof mechanism, nor have experienced the "snake bite" marks. Don't put anything in trunk if you plan on putting the top down, simple as that.

Only issues in the 3 years of having the car is the roof rattling when the top is up (which there is a new TSB that the dealership will use to fix this) and the wonky seatbelt mechanism/fastener that can lead to gouges to the interior door panel from the seatbelt buckle getting caught between the seat and door when you close the door. All these things are taken care of under warranty. Not sure what the seatbelt mechanism is for the new 2013 model, it seems to change year to year, but older models can be retro-fitted with newer mechanisms/fastener.

All in all a great car, less of them on the road compared to BMW and mercedes hardtop verts, super fun to drive, eats gas though (especially city driving) but still love it 3 years in!

Edonosocl

cobra-kai-84...Thank You very much for taking the time o respond.....much appreciated and so helpful.

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

Cobra_Kai_84 wrote:I have one of the first cars from the original 2009 line of the verts. I have never had a single problem with the roof mechanism, nor have experienced the "snake bite" marks. Don't put anything in trunk if you plan on putting the top down, simple as that.

Only issues in the 3 years of having the car is the roof rattling when the top is up (which there is a new TSB that the dealership will use to fix this) and the wonky seatbelt mechanism/fastener that can lead to gouges to the interior door panel from the seatbelt buckle getting caught between the seat and door when you close the door. All these things are taken care of under warranty. Not sure what the seatbelt mechanism is for the new 2013 model, it seems to change year to year, but older models can be retro-fitted with newer mechanisms/fastener.

All in all a great car, less of them on the road compared to BMW and mercedes hardtop verts, super fun to drive, eats gas though (especially city driving) but still love it 3 years in!
I can say all the above and more I also have a 2009 convertible since Aug 2009, I even had the backseats covers upgraded to 2 button version that were introduced in 2012 (offcourse under warranty), can't buy a btter convertible for under $60k, :dblthumb:

Edonosocl

Thank cmesurf!....I dont know what to say...it seems that every brand an models have their low and highs...but it is really wierd that even some magazine and online reviewrs alway mention something related with the top issues and rattles etc...and it is even stranger when those comments belong to a luxury car that is well positioned in the market. I think that I will take the risk.

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

Edonosocl wrote:Thank cmesurf!....I dont know what to say...it seems that every brand an models have their low and highs...but it is really wierd that even some magazine and online reviewrs alway mention something related with the top issues and rattles etc...and it is even stranger when those comments belong to a luxury car that is well positioned in the market. I think that I will take the risk.
You won't regret good luck :bowrofl:

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Welcome to NICO

All convertibles have their share of issues. Search Lexus, BMW, etc. and you will see people complaining about thumps, rattles, scratches, etc. You hear about the complaints but don't hear the praise unless asked. :)

Goodgalz
Car: 2011 Infiniti G37 Convertible

I have a 2011 Vert. Absolutely no problems and I couldn't be happier. My recommendation...get it and enjoy it!

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”