help, engine heats up really fast...L16

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
psychedelicbeats

help, engine heats up really fast... i flushed the coolant properly and all. i have a wagon with a 4 speed automatic. i use d1, d2, d to utilize all of what it can do. i don't have an rpm meter so i dont know the shift points. however, i do know when i should shift of course. after about a 10 minute pull going from 0-60 for about 4 times, the engine starts to heat up extremely high. i find this rediculous... the car isn't even being worked and it's heatin up like a mother f... the engine has had proper maintainence to it, and it's still living as of today. installed is a properly tuned webber carb...

okayfine

Are you relying on the stock temp gauge? Measure the actual temperature (meat thermometer, or real temp gauge) before condeming the cooling system.

Also, did you bleed all the air from the cooling system? Do you have the lower pan installed, as well as a good radiator, fan, belt? Auto tranny fluid heating too much from your drags and heating up the radiator?

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”