Help. Christwagons...help.

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
Leuthesius
Car: 1996 Infiniti J30 - Totaled by Hail RIP
1995 Smurfima - Blown Head Gasket 230k miles RIP

My 95 Altima has pretty much sat except for two 100 mile jaunts since February of 08'.

On Monday, I drove the car from my grandparents farm/ranch thing where it's sat since about February this year, because my Infiniti J30 was just totaled and I needed a car.

It started right up, and made it all the way to the Insurance Company's parking lot where I parked my J30. It didn't start after that.

A timing adjustment, new distributor, new rotor, new cap, new ignition coil, new battery, new wires, plugs, fuel filter, starter, and fuel strainer later, it STILL will not start.

On the off chance that the gasoline that was in there had water in it, I dumped a couple of containers of anti-water-in-gas-stuff in it.

So as to not just sound like I was shooting in the dark, the symptoms were as follow:

Shotty runabilityOil in the distributorburned up rotorIncinerated Borg Warner cables (f*** that *hit, seriously, got my money back--third set I've burned through, literally)Fowled spark plugsDead batteryInconsistent spark (ignition coil)worn out distributor capClogged fuel filterSticky starterand a fuel pump strainer that apparently just fell right off.

Even with all of these things which actually HAD to be replaced, the car is still not frigging starting. The only ignition piece I haven't replaced is the ignition control module, which I have tested 3 dozen times and confirmed functional.

Ideas?

Check off list:

I AM getting fuel to the engineThere IS spark, though it seems to be running a little on the orange side

An aside, I am getting error codes on the odb2

P1320 - Malfunction ignition misfireCrankshaft position sensorCamshaft position sensor

The camshaft position sensor is part of the new distributor that I just put in, and it doesn't make any damned sense for a new distributor to squawk that code unless it was defective initially.

The crankshaft sensor is testing at 584 ohms of resistance when it should be 428-532, but shouldn't keep the car from firing, last I checked.

And I don't even have a clue for the ignition misfire code, unless that's a timing issue, maybe?

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

what is the pedigree of the distributor?OEM only, please.there is a way to check your camshaft pos sensor. see an old post in this forum that i replied to (don't recall which name at the moment).

what do your fuel injectors ohm at?

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”