Help-car not starting.

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
knelson
Car: 2013 black M56xS

2012 QX56, 70K miles

Several times recently upon startup the car acted like it wasn't wanting to start. It would hesitate and then finally start. It wasn't battery related, the car had full power.

I kept an eye on it and it did this about 4-5 times out of 6-8 attempts at starting over a three day period.

The only other symptom was that after starting at one point it was showing low fuel for about a mile of driving. But the car had a half tank of gas. After that mile, the fuel gauge all the sudden rose to half tank and the low fuel light went off.

Now upon trying to start the vehicle it's just going haywire. It's got full power, all gauges light up and blink, loud clicking from I THINK the starter, but it won't crank and fire up.

My best guess is fuel delivery system, maybe fuel pump. Any advice? Known problem?

Thanks for any help. It's stuck in the garage at the moment.

marctronixx

things to check:

error codes at the obd port, if any.
petrol pump could be faulty
starter solenoid
instrument cluster/combination meter--this may show up if there are errors at the obd port.
clogged petrol lines
ECM
IPDM
some other electrical shenanigans...

Cheko

Just wondering, what ever happened in your case? The same thing happened to me one day. After 10-15 minutes I tried again and it started like normal. I've seen this issue mentioned in other forums as well as here. Nobody has posted what the actual problem turned out to be or what the actual resolution is. I would if I knew.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”