HELP... AXLE shifted 1/4in out of rearend.

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
mrwrolguy
Car: 2004 White 350z Touring Edition

Need some help... I have a 2004 350z Touring with a LSD. 6mt if that matters.. I have code C1106 which tells me that the ABS sensor is not reading on the drivers side rear. I know nothing about the suspension or differential on these cars... Here is a pic I posted on facebook hopefully you can tell me how to fix the axle has shifted 1/4in enought for the ABS sensor not to line up.. with the sensor ring on axle. I have a pic has something broken in the differential what is the repair to fix the axle shift? I appreciate any help or direction on repair. I have parts car that parts can be removed from if something needs replacing. Thanks. :woot:

Picture is below. can be viewed without being logged into facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

mrwrolguy

After closer inspection.. Its not the axle that has shifted.. Its the flange on the differential that has moved 1/4 inch away from diff which is causing the abs sensor to not line up. Thanks.

mrwrolguy

Well I took a crowbar and popped the diff flange back into the diff, erased the codes and took it for a curvy spirited drive... Light did not come back on. Kinda weird the problem did not occur till I had the wheels installed... I guessing dumbass tire guy actually jacked the car up by the axles. I dunno there staying in place for now I took a corner right and left at 25mph trying to get the axles to shift again. I just chalking it up to FM. The lights did not come on until I left the tire shop.. Had same tires moved from 8" wheels to 9.5" so far so good.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Don't be surprised if now it moves again.....................

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”