HELP! A LIP FOR 84 z31?

A home for 1983–1989 300ZX owners!
AndersonVann

anyone know if the 88 SS lip i believe or any other lips that would be compatable with a 84 Z?

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

I think you have to use an 84 or 85, the other might work but the nose was redesigned a bit in 86 and a bit more in 87 so I really doubt an 88 lip is gonna fit on your 84 nose

Racinjitter
Car: 1988 300ZX RB25DET
1988 300ZX Shiro Special

Only the erebuni front lip will work on the 84, none of the ss or tbo lips will work.

NissanSportMag(Z31)
Car: A few Z31s.

Racinjitter wrote:Only the erebuni front lip will work on the 84, none of the ss or tbo lips will work.
Very incorrect.

There is more than just one company that makes lips for the Z31. And TBO made lips that fit the 84-86 models and different lips that fit the 87-89 models.

I think what you're trying to say is the 87-89 lips will not fit the 84-86 nose, and vice versa.

Here's a page with examples of different lips, spoilers, and body kits. This list is by no means complete.http://www.az-zbum.com/information.body.kits.shtml

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

NissanSportMag(Z31) wrote:Very incorrect.
lol, not just incorrect, but Very!, rofl, sorry It just sounded really funny when I read it and I had to laugh a bit

inqui-Z-tor
Car: 84Z31, 05A08

Flicktitty
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx 2JZ-GTE Swapped
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

inqui-Z-tor

LOL .. I noticed a few familiar "names" too ..

Racinjitter
1988 300ZX Shiro Special

NissanSportMag(Z31) wrote:Very incorrect.

There is more than just one company that makes lips for the Z31. And TBO made lips that fit the 84-86 models and different lips that fit the 87-89 models.

I think what you're trying to say is the 87-89 lips will not fit the 84-86 nose, and vice versa.
I'll bet if TBO was still in business and making Z31 parts they would make a lip to fit the 84, however TBO is not in business anymore. So if he is looking for a new lip for his car how will tbo work?

You are right in saying
NissanSportMag(Z31) wrote:I think what you're trying to say is the 87-89 lips will not fit the 84-86 nose, and vice versa.
Erebuni is however the only company in the US that does have these parts in stock ready to ship. And you will get the least amount of hassel for them. That is why I said what I said.

I am currently working in Germany and have been trying to get shipping numbers from Style auto for someone in the US, and they are giving both of us a hard time.

inqui-Z-tor

Yes .. Official TBO is no longer available .. TBO went out of business a long long time ago. Most current tuners in Japan refer to TBO as "old school" ..

Anyway .. YOU can get TBO-like (replica?) via: 1artworkz

http://www.garymolitor.com/300...f.htm

ps: I'd be interested in Style Auto information as well. I believe there is at least 1 z31 owner that sucessfully got the rear skirt shipped to the USA.

2 Sek Z

NissanSportMag(Z31)
Car: A few Z31s.

Racinjitter wrote:I'll bet if TBO was still in business and making Z31 parts they would make a lip to fit the 84, however TBO is not in business anymore. So if he is looking for a new lip for his car how will tbo work?
You said none of the TBO lips would work. This is a false statement. TBO did in fact make lips that fit on the 84-86 style nose. Your original statement did not mention anything about availability. I also said they MADE them. Past tense. Meaning they no longer make them.
Racinjitter wrote:Erebuni is however the only company in the US that does have these parts in stock ready to ship. And you will get the least amount of hassel for them. That is why I said what I said.
Then don't say they are the only one when they aren't. They may be the easiest to deal with (in your experience), but that doesn't mean they're the only option. Erebuni, Xenon, Kaminari are the three big US names when I think of Z31 kits. MSA features a couple different front lips. They currently list 3 different lips available for the 84 models.http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/8AD

Besides Style Auto (Germany), there are a couple places in Japan that will ship you a lip if you're ready to pay for it. Look at the links inqui-Z-tor has posted.
Racinjitter wrote:I am currently working in Germany and have been trying to get shipping numbers from Style auto for someone in the US, and they are giving both of us a hard time.
That would be VERY interesting. Have you actually been able to contact anyone at Style Auto? I have received one complaint from someone who says he's paid for a rear valence, but still hasn't received it. And he's having a hard time contacting anyone over there.

Racinjitter
1988 300ZX Shiro Special

I have dealt with a few companies in Japan and have had great sucess with all of the parts that I have bought. Proudear has treated me very well and I am still in contact with them often. I did look at the links from inqui-Z-tor and I did look around to see that there is one major company that he links to that has listings for nla parts and some that are still available.
inqui-Z-tor wrote: Anyway .. YOU can get TBO-like (replica?) via: 1artworkz
Gary makes the tbo lips for an early body style z31? Just wondering.

I have been calling style auto every few days now to see if I can get any new information to no avail. They seem to be a make the part on demand type company, but they only make one at a time not mass quantities. So far all that I can say about them is that they are very difficult to get information from and are not all that pleasant. If I have a few days off to spend in in germany I may take a road trip to their shop and see what is really going on, and if they have parts that I can buy on the spot I will buy some and bring them back to the US.

As of right now I should be in Germany until mid June, depending on when testing is done. I usually come home every few weeks for a day or two at a time.

inqui-Z-tor

I'm not sure this is in any way related ..

A year, maybe 2 .. ago. I contacted Style Auto (via email) .. and I learned later quite afew other Z31 owners did too (this via z31.com board) .. Style Auto responded quickly and patiently .. answering all question after question .. most likely the same question from various "inquiries" all from the USA.

I think out of all those contacts and questions regarding quantity buys, shipping estimates, etc .. only 1 actual purchase came though.

For me .. I had doubts over the integrity (safety) issues with regards to the rear valence part .. my understanding (and this is may be due to terminology challenges) that the rear valence install required the removal of the rear bumper bar .,, which meant to me .. I'd only have the fiberglass .. covering the rear end .. essentially NO rear bumper.

I wasn't able to resolve that question 2 years ago ...

Perhaps? Style Auto is leary (sp?) of questions for a fickle market?

As for custom orders .. they're not the only ones .. Avante also makes their pieces on a per order. advance payment basis ..

Return to “300ZX (Z31) Forum”