HELP! 2012 QX56 proper brake bleeding sequence

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
FearlessFaithShop
Car: 2012 Infiniti QX56

Im a newbie here, and am learning how to work on my own vehicles. Im struggling to find the proper brake bleeding sequence, as well as the FSM for this vehicle. Im a disabled widow/single mom, and am trying to learn and do what i can on my own to save money. I dont have any issues finding video tutorials for my toyota, but finding any info for my QX56 has been like pulling teeth! the little info I have seen has been inconsistent.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Bleed the master first, then all four ABS lines, then the wheels. Do the ABS and wheels in the same order, RHF, LHF, LHR, RHR (the line ID's will be stamped on the face of the ABS module). Don't let your assistant press the brake pedal to the floor, go about halfway at most. There are two reasons for this. First, a ring of crud usually develops over time inside the master cylinder at the point where the pedal normally stops. Pushing to the floor causes the piston seal to sweep over this crud line and may damage the seal, leaving you with a master that leaks internally and bypasses. Second, pushing to the floor is likely to cause the ABS to throw a C118E code that will need to be cleared after you're done. Limiting the bleed presses to about halfway will prevent both of these things.

macgiver

That's about the best & proper detailed bleeding steps your getting from VStar . Many people don't try to 'hit' the flare couplings at the ABS - very good point !
I might add the car should be "dormant" ,completely OFF & settled for the 60 seconds of ECM's "sleep". And with my JUKE , the manual says to pull a connector by the ABS ( VStar's C118E mention ? ) which is SOOO hard to get at - what I do is REMOVE the two 40a 'ABS motor" fuses in additionally the other smaller , like 15A/10A ABS fuses to the ABS controller and another accompanying module (traction/stability fuse ) .
That I found is sufficient for a '14 Juke anyway , done 8 bleeds since new by now and got a F 'n ROCK-SOLID feel at my Br. pedal :lolling:

p.s. Have'nt needed ANY pads yet !! @ 84kmi !!! And I think bleeding contributed , even tho Juke got, I heard, OVERSIZED brakes (rotors big for sure).

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”