Help! 2011 QX56 sagging rear springs

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
x98myers7
Car: 2011 QX56

Hey guys!

I've been dealing with the dreaded rear air suspension leaks on my 2011 QX. I've replaced the compressor dryer, o-rings, etc, etc... still leaking. Next steps are too costly to "guess" at the solution. I want to address the problem and root cause... sagging rear springs. The air leveling system is garbage and only intended to compensate for heavy loads anyway, which i rarely have. Right now, when all the air leaks out of the system, the rear suspension sags so much the truck nearly rides on the bump stops! The tops of the tires tuck under the wheel wells. :frown: Ridiculous!

Are any specs available for the factory rear springs? has anyone replaced them to get ride height restored? Do i need aftermarket springs, or are OEM springs enough?

I do NOT want a lift... I simply want to get ride height back to normal without having the air leveling system needed.

x98myers7

anyone?!

hubfreightbob
Car: 2008 Infiniti QX56

I also am looking for a solution for this . I have 2008 QX56.

x98myers7

^ Moog sells replacement springs for the 2010 and prior years. so, easy and cheap solution, there.

I'm still looking for a solution for 2011+ chassis. anyone?

dobinson sells rear coils with a +45mm lift, which i don't want. maybe i'll see if they can do custom length coils with zero lift. does anyone know what the 2011 USA HMBC OEM spring specs are for overall length and rate?

x98myers7

i emailed dobinson USA and they just replied with something very promising...

they have non-lift springs in their catalog for 2010+ Patrol Y62 chassis - part #C45-353. I'll post as I get more details.

for curiousity's sake, i just confirmed the curb weight for the Z62 (USA QX56) and Y62 (Patrol) chassis is nearly the same.... duh, since they're the same vehicle.

x98myers7

update:

I ended up ordering https://kingsprings.com.au/ Kdrs-303 standard height Y62 Patrol springs off ebay australia. $200 including shipping. everthing i've read from the patrol owners in australia say it provides a 1" rear lift, so it evens the ride height out. they're being delivered next week.

fyi - OnTrack in Melbourne is lifting Y62 Patrols with the HBMC system in place with success. http://www.ontrack4x4.net.au/

I'm also having my a dealer figure out the problem with the air self leveling system. so, should be better than new once everything is installed and sorted out. i'm believing there's two problems: the compressor needs to be replaced and the o-rings on the shocks are leaking.

Jl0908
Car: 2012 qx56

Hi there,
How did your installation of King spring from Australia go?
Did it work out for you?
I have a 12 qx56 and it appears to have a very slow leak. So I was wondering if I should get a rear spring for Parol as well. I want to hear about your experience.
Thanks!

x98myers7

I am happy to report that I installed the springs today. After replacing the compressor and the system being mostly reliable for the past few months... the compressor stopped working. Anyway.

So, the springs fit. There is now a front facing rake, by 1.25-1.5”. The vehicle handles and drives great. It looks a little goofy with that rake... and I’m certainly concerned the front is now undersprung in comparison. But, it’s working as expected. No codes. HBMC seems unaffected.

Here’s the approximate distance from the ground to the center of the wheel well arch:
FD 35
FP35.5
RD 36.5
RP 37

x98myers7

Also... I don’t have anywhere to host pics at the moment. I’ll try to get some uploaded.

As far as install goes, the springs BARELY fit by undoing the outer bolt and swinging the control arm down.

The uninstalled overall length of the new spring is about 2.75” longer than the OEM.

Sephvron
Car: 2011 Infiniti Qx56

did you end up replacing the shocks or just the springs?

PetitFrereArmada

x98myers7 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:26 pm
Also... I don’t have anywhere to host pics at the moment. I’ll try to get some uploaded.

As far as install goes, the springs BARELY fit by undoing the outer bolt and swinging the control arm down.

The uninstalled overall length of the new spring is about 2.75” longer than the OEM.
This is very interesting what you have been through but informative. You have shared some very valuable information on here.

Do you have pictures/ i will PM you so you can text or email me the pictures and I can post them if you are having a hard time sharing picks of the way your QX looks with the front facing rake.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”