Help 2011 Infiniti M37 Not Starting

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
xclusivestylez
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x

Hopefully someone on this forum has had this issue before and can help. My car won't start I get the flashing security light along with the warning key system light. The push to start button says lock and will not go into acc mode or turn on. I tried disconnecting the battery that didn't work also resetting the steering lock module no help either. Changed the battery on my key fob no luck. Don't know what else to check for has anyone faced this kind of problem before and knows what to do please inform me.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Have you tried starting the car with your remote basically touching the start button? Does that work?

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

it's the steering column lock. you can either replace it with a nissan bypass module or take apart your existing and back the worm gear down to make contact with the two buttons inside. then pull your steering column lock fuse from the fuse box next to the battery. search google for 370z steering column lock.

your module probably failed like mine on my 370z, just enough to lose contact, but not enough to lock the steering wheel. no way to bypass it and start since the m37 is automatic. my 370 is manual so i bypassed mine, gave it a push start to drive home, and permanently disabled the steering lock module.

xclusivestylez

Yoda's Master wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:30 pm
it's the steering column lock. you can either replace it with a nissan bypass module or take apart your existing and back the worm gear down to make contact with the two buttons inside. then pull your steering column lock fuse from the fuse box next to the battery. search google for 370z steering column lock.

your module probably failed like mine on my 370z, just enough to lose contact, but not enough to lock the steering wheel. no way to bypass it and start since the m37 is automatic. my 370 is manual so i bypassed mine, gave it a push start to drive home, and permanently disabled the steering lock module.
Thank you so much for the information where would I be able to find the nissan bypass module

xclusivestylez

Ilya wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:32 pm
Have you tried starting the car with your remote basically touching the start button? Does that work?
Wish it was that simple :rotfl

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”