HELP 2010 Rogue wipers not working

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
agraywall
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue

I have changed:
Wiper linkage and motor
30 amp fuse under the hood
wiper controlls on the steering column..unplugged the entire unit and replaced it.

What else can I do? I cannot find where the relay is located, maybe send me this as I am going to the auto wreckers today. I live in Vancouver where it rains 250+ days of the year..this car is dangerous without wipers.

rowlands57

There must be a control unit (Body Control Module) that commands the wipers on and off. Based on the fact you have changed all but that and the wiring harness I suspect that you have a problem somewhere in the wiring. Connectors at the various ends of the wire loom, or someplace in between with a short. I'm pretty sure access to the wiring diagrams will be needed to resolve this. I believe you can get 'one time' access to the diagrams at All Data?

agraywall
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue

Thanks. yea I have changed everything even replaced the female connector and plate on the motor in case that was the problem. To change out the wiring between the switch and the IPDM, and IPDM to wiper motor shouldn't be too bad..i hope. If it's just two cables then I will tear these out of wrecked vehicle and install

rowlands57

Also check for any corrosion at the various connectors. Depending on conditions you could have developed a 'green crust' on the connector pins at any of the connection points. Also if you can isolate the two ends of the appropriate wires a continuity test with a basic ohm meter would be helpful in ensuring the integrity of the connections.

Return to “Rogue Forum”