HELP! 2007 G35S (VQ35HR) stalls when I try to accelerate

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
timstolt1
Car: 2007 G35 Sport

The car stalls when I try to slowly accelerate. If I gun it, the car does just fine. If the car is in park or neutral, I am able to rev it, and the engine is smooth and responsive. It is only when the engine is "loaded" with the task of driving the car, and only from a standstill or "idling along" that the gentle application of throttle causes it to stall. Code reader shows no codes. I replaced both camshaft sensors and problem persists. I performed the throttle-learning procedure twice, and idle is good around 650rpm, but problem persists. Spark plugs look good. Power and engine sounds good at highway speeds, even under aggressive acceleration. I checked the MAF sensors, and both seem fine (engine bogges down when unplug each).

What do you think I should check next??? Or should I cough up the $150 for $stealership diagnosis?? Please kindly help! I just bought this car (in this condition) and do love how it drives! It has 243K miles on it, but is in excellent shape.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”