Hello VIP section :) Any President owners out there?

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
SpartanAir
Car: 1992 Nissan President Sovereign, 1990 Nissan Pathfinder XE

Hey guys,

I'm visiting from the Skyline forum and GTRCanada. I currently own a 1991 GTR, but thinking of making a change to something a little less tempting to endlessly tune and upgrade, to the extent of the Skyline.

I'm currently looking at a Nissan President...I'm falling in love

Any President owners out there? Any comments on the VH, other than the chain guide issue? How is it on gas? Any good sources for aftermarket or even stock parts?

I'm enjoying searching other threads, just thought I'd come out with a few of my own questions...

Cheers guys.

Damicci
Car: 1994 Q45/President

Not whole lot of after market support for the motor. Not really meant for power.The valve cover gaskets leak and while your in there do a spark plug change.also check the Fuel pump for any loud whirring sounds. Should indicate the pump maybe on it's way out.

Let's see some pics of the president. If you in Canada it should RHD and not a Q45 G50 converted.

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Welcome to NICO and the VIP section!

Check out our VIP Vendor Directory. Check in there to see if you can find specific items that you are looking for. I think you will enjoy what the VIP lifestyle has to offer. Luxury and performance in a four door package. IMO, it doesn't get much better. Feel free to search all you want, but also feel free to post a new thread whenever you like, questions or suggestions alike. Once again, welcome and happy posting.

SpartanAir

Thanks for the warm welcome and the info guys. I'll post up pics of the President when it's in my posession, which hopefully is soon

Yes, it is a genuine RHD President.

I understand you can't get much power out of the engine, but assuming you went with a cold air intake and a full exhaust, how much power could you get out of the VH? And of course the Nico ECU I hear so much about...

I think I'll be fine with the power as is, my GTR has given me all the power I could ever want, with much room to grow...I wish I could own both but it might be for the best I let it go...

And for the V8, in terms of gas mileage, how many miles per tank do you get?

Thanks

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Dyno proves that you can lose WHP from any deviation in the intake system. Keep it stock in that area, unless you change it to FI. I have changed out my exhaust and have the JWT ECU (because the NICO ECU supposedly does not function well beyond 1993). Other than that, not too much can be changed or achieved. Well, FI or NO2, of which the VH can handle around 125-150 shot on stock motor. More what I am looking towards.

SpartanAir

Interesting to learn...

I'm not expecting huge numbers from the VH, I just wondered if there were any simple things off the bat to change out to imporve the performance.

Of course being a sedan, it's probably pretty tuned from the factory. But my GTR of course, was DE-tuned for the street, hence all the possible upgrades.

And gas mileage, any idea??

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I get 13 MPG around town and 22 highway. Here's my Dyno with exhaust and JWT ECU. Seems a little low IMO and to others in the Q section, but I won't know for sure until I get a chance to hit a real dyno (not mobile).

SpartanAir

Hmm, mileage could be worse, not much different from the GTR And yeah, I thought the VH was 280hp? Though maybe it rates lower, I have no idea...

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

From what I have gathered, this run was done in 4th gear instead of third, and on a mobile dyno with small rollers. I am planning on going to a standard dyno here in the next month or so to see if the number changes any.

Return to “VIP Forum”