Hello/That's alot of money

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
HipHop

Hello everybody I'm new to this forum, but i know the routine so let's get crackin. Wow, from here to 6mt.net to any G35 forum. I hear or see pics of mods done to coupes and sedans that are hot but costly. I was wondering if any of you guys/girls who've leased the G35 have spent this kind of money on your vehicle. I'm assuming(dont wanna make an *** of myself) that all these people financed their cars who are spending the big bucks on mods. Also some of you guys/girls just purchased your car and are already in the shop/or home garage tearing the car apart putting in like $7000 worth of work, DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN! Now for the average joe that's not possible, maybe in moderation. Are you guys getting sponsered or you just saved up alot of money ahead of time befor you bought the G? :confused:

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Welcome HipHop. I'm in the same boat. I haven't done anything to my coupe yet. It's all just a bit too pricy for me right now. I think that GThreeFive has done a few realatively inexpensive mods.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Most people that can afford a $35K car are pretty comfortable financially.

However, in a few years (on the used car market) we're gonna see the same deal that's already happening with the RSX's - Cars owned by kids with more credit than brains, where the car's been abused and mistreated.

HipHop

True, if you can afford the payment you can afford mods. I leased my car, and all my cars will be leased for the rest of my life. I get bored after a while. BUT, i was curious because like 85% of people are talking about mods and of course I don't know their personal business but it would seem stupid to spend a lot of money on mods for a lease. And I cant front I'm dieing to spend the money on the stuff you financiers talk about, but that would be a liability not an asset. Well in any event if you got it flaunt it. Live brothers! Thanks for checkin' my thread, you guys are a zillion times helpful to someone like me(new to the car world).

jtesensky
Vendor
Car: 2005 QX56, 2002 QX4

I lease, I mod, can't help it! I figure that the cost of the modifications are justified if you spread out over four years. I'm in my first year of my 48/mo lease & I've done an exhaust & intake. I'm sure I won't be doing anymore mods by the time I'm in my third year.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I would have a hard enough time justifying mods on my 10 year old Q45 thats worth not much and paid for, I couldnt do it to a brand new 35k car!! I would at least wait until the warranty was over....

MOTOP
Car: 04 G35 sedan

Some mods you can do without voiding the warranty given that dealer performs them ($$$), as for me I'm not modding my car untill it is paid off.

I'm in 5-year loan but intend to pay it off in 3 years at most. After that I will see if it will make sense to mod it or save up for GTR that should be on the market by than.

SoCalTed
Car: '03.5 G35 Sedan

Good connections.

SoCal is a modder/tuner paradise.

If it weren't for the wife & kids, I'd already have this thing twincharged with a fully tricked engine and a bit of NOS just for fun.

In any case, I'm pretty happy with the pace of my mods.

-T

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I went to your site it all looks good!!

Fred...:)

GeeThreeFive

Fortunately mama didn't raise no fool! I just married someone that loves to make money for a hobby. Mine is paid for but I am concerned about the warranty. I would definitely put thing back to stock if something related to my mods went wrong. I just can't help but want to have a little more fun before I will only have a wheelchair with NOS.LIFE IS GOOD!

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I need to marry one of those people too. I need me a sugar momma.

GeeThreeFive

C'mon AZ I know you have something to say.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”