hello!

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
drunkenjustin

hey, i bought a vert last friday, and didnt realise there was a club for these things. Anyways... it's a 93 red vert, ka in it, has also been 5 speed swapped. well over the past week i've been tearing into it and i'm not quite sure i like what i found. i'll let pics speak for themselves...

day i got it

Pulled the interior to find that it had been patched previously, drivers front and rear floor, and passenger rear pan

Aswell as the frame rails have been patched, with some kind of thin sheet metal

AAAAAnnnnddd the rockers filled with expando foam....

and there's a spot where the subframe bolts to that isnt in that great of shape too...

Sooo... theres that. but what i got with the car was worth it alone in new parts, i got front and rear r&d?(not really sure) struts, brand new master, slave, and centerforce clutch, 3 inch catback exhaust, all with 0 kms on em, and i also have the convertable boot, which is in fair shape, mostly at the edges where you don't see with it installed.... but yeah, i'm from ontario, nice to be here.

drunkenjustin

i'm starting to repair it, but i'm not sure i want to try without a rotissery, might just find a rust free hatch...
What do you guys think?

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

That's a lot of rot, but it's not completely shot. Saving it would probably be your good deed for the millennium. If there's some major frame rot, I would recommend a rotisserie only after you weld in some structural reinforcements in the door jams and across the cabin. I've done floor repair on 240s sitting on the ground. It's not hard, just tedious.

drunkenjustin

Theres no major rail rot other than the typical spot, im buying replacement rails, i started mocking up the floor pan thats cut out, i'm gonna leave the drivers front pan, just cut out the old rot from underneath, and just remake the passenger rear pan, drop the subframe and work on that mount once the floors in

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Does look like plenty of work. Welcome.

drunkenjustin

It needs subframe bushings amung other stuff, itll be a nice car when done, i'm gonna pursue the repairs, and do my best, all of the convertable stuff is forsale, minus doors right now, ive gotta hunt down a set of coupe doors first

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Either hatch or coupe doors will work.

drunkenjustin

i figured as much, i just gotta hunt down a set of non vert doors haha, i'd rather them go to a vert owner who needs them, but anyways, i've decided to stick with this shell. My main goals for the car is to have a decent track car, aswell as being able to drive it on the street, not daily but when I want.

The car won't see pavement this year atall. But after some major reworking and keeping the stock powerplant
,I hope to have a decent car i can learn to drift/autocross. so i guess this should be called project verty until i get a better name.

I've gone over SOME of the car. I know it's gonna need rear subframe bushings, so i'm thining i'll just pick up an energy suspensions kit to get everything upto par, with some powdercoating before new bushings go in.

But before I'm worrying about anything else I've gotta worry about the rot.

I started by making templates of what i'm gonna need to patch the floors. and went to town with some 14 gauge sheet metal, and got one of the drivers rear holes fixed, just needs final welding, then next is recreating the inner pinchweld pan to the frame rail on thursday, then going to be making bracing all the way down the inner rocker and rear of the floor pan to the floor pan that i'm making. then it's lay on my back and weld up all the new seams. anyways... pics will ensue on days that i work on it.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”