Hello

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
mjohnson
Car: m35x

I just purchased a 2007 M35X. I've put 600 miles on it and just changed the oil (the dealer said the oil would not need to be changed for 1500 miles...yeah right) man are there a lot of screws to remove the plastic shield under the car. The Oil filter is the same size as the oil filter on my motorcycle

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

mjohnson wrote:I just purchased a 2007 M35X. I've put 600 miles on it and just changed the oil (the dealer said the oil would not need to be changed for 1500 miles...yeah right) man are there a lot of screws to remove the plastic shield under the car. The Oil filter is the same size as the oil filter on my motorcycle
Welcome to NICO!

I am glad you are among the "early oil change" proponents! I believe in doing the same thing.

Yes, the oil filter is kinda small ... the latest trend, I guess! Makes it important to do oil and filter changes reasonably often.

Also, I do not know if it is the same in the 2007 models, but in my 2003 M45, there is a secondary flap to access the oil filter and pan drain bolt. This is held on with two screws only and is a lot easier to remove than the entire under-engine cover!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”