Hello from The UK

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Kenny_s13
Car: My family and my car

Hi this is my first post on this forum, I am based in the UK, and am a member of the NIssan 200sx Owners club UK, http://www.200sxoc.com, just extending the hand of freindship across the waters to like minded folks. We have a very active discussion forum, and our members are from all over . Some nice cars include a 180sx with a skyline gtr engine installed, some heavily modded ca18det engines, ( knife edge cranks , forged pistons/con rods, etc with some good horsepower 200 to about 450+. ) come take a look and take part too.

boMex

Hello from the colonies!

InstantRice

Did you just say the colonies? your ****ting me right? :D

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

He's a Canadien (BoMex)... anyways... welcome to the board. Nice having a good multi-national group.

Kenny_s13
Car: My family and my car

Hmm, I don't suppose that would go down with Paul Revere, but hey. Thanx for the welcome (despite my Imperialist ancestors).JUst spent half a day removing the speedo pod, installing a new clock lamp bulb and putting orange bulbs in the dash. Then just for fun , (whilst I was at it) ripping out a redundant alarm system. nice'n tidy now. Then I thought why not remount the boot lamp and put a switch on it. arrrgh. 2 hours later , having suspected my wiring skills were not up to scratch, I discovered a flat washer in the boot catch mechanism , jamming it off. another hour and it works like a charm. Sometimes I hate Nissan.:thinker :ylsuper

Nismo_Freak

Boot=Trunk ... in case anyone was wondering.

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

Nismo_Freak wrote:Boot=Trunk ... in case anyone was wondering.
And bonnet=hood! :thumbup

Anyways, welcome Kenny_s13!!

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

TonyVQ wrote:
And bonnet=hood! :thumbup

Anyways, welcome Kenny_s13!!
a baloo is a beara yonker is a young man:D

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

and a f a g is a cigarette ..lets see that filter nail that one ...

welcome brittish dude , used to work on you guys's iron , jag,mg,triumph etc ...TR6 is da shiznit

Mayhem_J30

Stoneage_Turbo wrote:and a f a g is a cigarette ..lets see that filter nail that one ...

welcome brittish dude , used to work on you guys's iron , jag,mg,triumph etc ...TR6 is da shiznit
i bet it was all oxidized iron. :icesangel

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

man we had this one mgb that was a michigan car since it was new in 71 , guy drove it to the shop i worked in in florida , i had to get the clutch cyl out of it , i hated that car , man did i hate that car . i think it was made out of solid rust at that point ....

id have to say tho the most fun i had with a brittish car was either the 50s jag xk120 or that TR6 . never got to drive a TR7 but i hear there crap balls anyway so maybe im lucky , we had like 70 british cars out back in the junkyard , old rovers that came stock with buick 235s and other odd stuff like that . then there was the "tank " like a 60s rolls royce cloud2 ..man was that thing huge and you could set off a land mine under it and not even scratch the paint .

Mayhem_J30

it's just odd that you mentioned those specific cars because my pops had all three at some point. the mg midgit was the worst then the triumph then the jag. the jag was rusting where you couldn't see under the wheel well. sure was purty though.

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Mayhem_J30 wrote:
a baloo is a beara yonker is a young man:D
sculch is junkwuzzle means to mixhehe...standardized testing sucks...

A lorrry is a bus, right? Any pics of the CA-powered 200?

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

repo man wrote:
sculch is junkwuzzle means to mixhehe...standardized testing sucks...

A lorrry is a bus, right? Any pics of the CA-powered 200?
I beleive a lorry is a semi, or tractor trailer.

Nismo_Freak

Lorry = Big RigMotorway = Highway

SteveC UKSX
Car: S13 CA18DET

Want a few pics of a CA S13?

Have a squiz (look;)) at mine.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/Steve_Cs_200SX/

VimyJ

Stoneage_Turbo wrote: never got to drive a TR7 but i hear there crap balls anyway so maybe im lucky , we had like 70 british cars out back in the junkyard , old rovers that came stock with buick 235s and other odd stuff like that . then there was the "tank " like a 60s rolls royce cloud2 ..man was that thing huge and you could set off a land mine under it and not even scratch the paint .
I got to drive a TR7, a Rover and ride in a Rolls. The TR7 was a great little car to drive. The Rover was another great car to drive. British cars are beautiful to drive when they're working. Shutting the door on the Rolls gives a sound like nothing on earth. Like a bank vault door or something. So incredibly solid sounding. However, while the driving was great, I never owned any of these cars. That is a different experience, altogether. ;) "To drive" and "to own" are very different experiences especially when applied to English motors.

motor=car

banger=sausage

Return to “General Chat”