Hello from across the water

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
topcop
Car: 2010 370z GT Roaster with paddle shift.

Hiya all.
From South coast England and had her 2 weeks. Just came across this forum when wondering why my windows won't open and close using the key. Searched the forum and many others and cannot find the answer anywhere, maybe the don't :rotflmao

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Welcome to NICO! :badger

I know for a fact that the windows on the 350Z both raise and lower depending on which direction you turn (and hold) the key in the door lock, but will only lower when you use the fob. I've looked all over and can't find anything. I chat up a local 370Z owner when I get a chance, or maybe even stop by a dealer.

Do your windows lower with the fob?

topcop

BusyBadger wrote:Welcome to NICO! :badger

I know for a fact that the windows on the 350Z both raise and lower depending on which direction you turn (and hold) the key in the door lock, but will only lower when you use the fob. I've looked all over and can't find anything. I chat up a local 370Z owner when I get a chance, or maybe even stop by a dealer.

Do your windows lower with the fob?
Hi, thanks for replying. No it doesn't. I dropped in to my dealer and they did not know if it should or not and said they would try and find out

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Have you checked your owners manual? I don't know if the Euro-models support it but the US-Spec owners manual states:

"OPENING AND CLOSING WINDOWS WITH THE MECHANICAL KEY

The driver’s door key operation also allows you to open and close the window that is equipped with the automatic open/close function. (See “POWER WINDOWS” in the “2. Instruments and controls” section.)

To open the window, turn the driver’s door key cylinder to the rear of the vehicle for longer than 1 second. The door is unlocked and the window keeps opening while turning the key.

This function can also be performed by pushing and holding the UNLOCK button on the Intelligent Key. (See “REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM” later in this section.)

To close the window, turn the driver’s door key cylinder to the front of the vehicle for longer than 1 second. The door is locked and the window keeps closing while turning the key."
"

When using the FOB:

"Opening windows

The UNLOCK button operation also allows you to open a window that is equipped with the automatic open/close function. (See “POWER WINDOWS” in the “2. Instruments and controls”
section.)

To open the window, push the door UNLOCK button*2 on the Intelligent Key for about 3 seconds after the door is unlocked.

To stop opening, release the UNLOCK button.

Window cannot be closed using the Intelligent Key.
"

Check your guide to ensure it's available on your models. Welcome to NICO!

This site has a link to all US-spec manuals: http://www.370zcoupe.com/roadster.html

topcop

Hi audtatious, yes the first thing I did, read the manual, over and over again because it clearly states it can be done. Went through the process of holding down the key etc etc. Then went to the dealer who said " it looks like an option that has not been enabled on the UK model"
So, if manufacturers are alike the wiring loom is there for it to be used but not enabled as it's for the UK market. So, I would like to enable it. With some homework Ive found it maybe possible for someone who knows about these vehicles to access the "comfort setting" and enable it. But there is no where on the net that shows anyone ever accessing the car and enabling functions that you can clearly do on other vehicles. I've been told by Nissan master tech that it can be done but they have never done it, I'm also aware that anyone with a good knowledge with CANBUS can also enable this by "sniffing" the CANBUS but again it appears the owners of these cars don't get so involved with the software side of these vehicles, unless it's via a handheld device, I need someone with the software and a PC.
Thanks guys anyway, at least I know it's just a case of finding an enthusiast who knows there way round these cars.
Kindest regards.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”