Hello folks...just got my new vert and have some questions

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
darldarl

Hello Folks? Its really Nice to meet you all...
I recently purchased 2010 G37 Conv. (7spd Auto)withought the Nav pkg,
and I was having some questions (actually 3 questions)...

1. My last car was 08 350Z Roadster, and I am not really used to the "start button" ignition.
It just bothers me a little that when I start the engine, I hear some kind of
Brief "Motor-Rolling-Click" Sound from the steering wheel...
(its a similar sound you hear from a Camera when you take pics or Zoom in/out)...
I hear the same sound when I turn off the engine and open the door to get out...

My mother's Lexus ES350 is also equipped with the start button ignition,
but I don't hear that kind of noise from her car...
Other difference is that her steering wheel kind of moves/adjusts when you press ignition the button and mine does not move (it only makes that sound).

So I don't know if that sound is normal...
If its normal...then I am guessing its some kind of steering lock system (I am not sure though), then is there any way to turn that sound off?

2. I am really having some difficulties with the Audio System.
Since I am a Korean, I have lots songs in Korean/Japanese on my Ipod, and the G37's Audio system displays "blank" for the song lists that are not compatible.
So I was wondering if there is any way to tweak the audio system to navigate my songs by toggling the Ipod (instead of the front panel display)
OR install Korean/Japanese Fonts...

3. As I was surfing through the Forum, I saw many concerns about the "Roof Dents" and
the "Door Panel Dents." Is there any Recall from Infinity for those issue on 2010 Model??
I am just trying to be proactive before it causes any damages.

Again, its my pleasure to meet you, and I will wait for your reply.
Thank you very much
Last edited by darldarl on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Welcome & congrats on the new ride!
1 - I dont hear noises with my start button - this may be a problem but as you suggested, it may be a steering lock...
2 - The Infiniti sound system uses Gracenote to capture the name, artist etc from hard drive music but I dont think there is a conversion from iPod to display that will help your issue.
3 - No recalls on roof dents or door dings - sorry! For the record, I have had neither. If you are careful with your seatbelt you will be fine.

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

Congrats on the new baby! What color combo did you get?
I don't hear noises with my start button and no other issues with mine either.

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

1.) What you are hearing is the steering lock disengaging. That is normal.
2.) Dont know how to help you out on that one. Just have to play with it and see. The CD idea may work
3.) No recalls but keep a keen eye on your seatbelt to avoid the door dings. Roof dings, there was a post above bye steve that says the spare tire may help cause it.

darldarl

cmesurf wrote:Congrats on the new baby! What color combo did you get?
I don't hear noises with my start button and no other issues with mine either.
Thanks...
I bought the Moonlight White/Wheat/Wood Trim

darldarl

Fezzik wrote:1.) What you are hearing is the steering lock disengaging. That is normal.
2.) Dont know how to help you out on that one. Just have to play with it and see. The CD idea may work
3.) No recalls but keep a keen eye on your seatbelt to avoid the door dings. Roof dings, there was a post above bye steve that says the spare tire may help cause it.
Thank you for the reply....
I am just curious If this "Steering Lock Disengaging" sound is Normal,
how come others (bschurr and cmesurf) don't hear it ?
Is this function can be disabled?

hobo76

Congrats!

Regarding the noise with the push button start, now that I think about it, yes there is a small noise in my car. I never thought much about it. I guess cars nowadays make so many different kinds of noises I tent to ignore them.

I think with the music your best bet may be to burn your music from discs to the hard drive. It won't work with MP3 cd's, but it will if you burn it like a normal cd. No idea what that is called, but you'll only be able to put 10-20 songs on a disc versus 100+.

I haven't read to much into the ding issue so I can't really comment. Just be careful with the car and to be on the safe side, don't put anything in the trunk, unless it's under the panel that lifts up.

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

Since you got the 2010 G Convertible, it should have the newer seat belt housing design (with the 2 buttons clasping the loop). That design is different than the original one that caused issues with the seat belt retraction (not fully retracting and getting stuck between the seat and door panel)

The newer mechanism does a much better job at retracting the seat belt, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on where the belt buckle rests when you get out of the car and shut the door.

No issues with roof panels or top mechanism, whatsoever. I have had my car for 15 months now. I just hear some rattling when driving with the top up...

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”