Hello All

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
en-em
Car: 2005 QX56 & 2007 M35X

Hello Everyone!!

Been lurking for a bit here now checking things out and finally decided to join up yesterday.

Anyway, now I got an issue with our 05 QX. It doesn't have the DVD Player for the rear or the Sirius. I'd like to know what you guys have been doing to fix the issue. I'd like to keep the OEM look, but wouldn't mind a bigger screen. I also don't want to spend too much. The dealer was asking $1300 for the DVD install and $600 for the Sirius install. That's a lot!! I was thinking about buying the parts and having someone else install it. Does that sound like a plan or not. I was hoping you all could steer me in the right direction or any good direction for that matter. I'm kinda stuck and can't figure out where to go from here.

Thanks!!

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

en-em wrote:Hello Everyone!!

Been lurking for a bit here now checking things out and finally decided to join up yesterday.

Anyway, now I got an issue with our 05 QX. It doesn't have the DVD Player for the rear or the Sirius. I'd like to know what you guys have been doing to fix the issue. I'd like to keep the OEM look, but wouldn't mind a bigger screen. I also don't want to spend too much. The dealer was asking $1300 for the DVD install and $600 for the Sirius install. That's a lot!! I was thinking about buying the parts and having someone else install it. Does that sound like a plan or not. I was hoping you all could steer me in the right direction or any good direction for that matter. I'm kinda stuck and can't figure out where to go from here.

Thanks!!
First off, welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you here in the Armada/QX56 Forum!

You sound just like me, you like to have some pretty cool features, but you like to keep the clean, OEM look.

The Sirius is a fairly easy and straight forward install. I installed XM on my '04 QX56. It was a matter of installing the receiver (under the driver's side dash) and installing the Antenna (on the roof, near the back driver's side corner). The Sirius kit from Nissan/Infiniti comes with really good instructions. You can order everything you need from:

http://www.grubbsperformance.com

Now, as far as the DVD goes, the BEST thing to do is order the switch unit from:

http://www.tvandnav2go.com

Purchase the model where you splice the wires (not the plug & play). You will tap into the wires that connect to the Navigation DVD-Rom drive located underneath the passenger seat. You will then need to install (or have installed) a DVD player in your center console. You will then run a regular set of Audio/Video Cables (yellow, white, red) connecting the Tv&Nav2GO module with your DVD player. You will then have a DVD player that plays through your existing sound system that you can watch on you Navigation screen at the flip of a switch. This is clearly the more difficult of the two modifications, but it can be done, and the end result is everything you want, with a completely factory look.

Hope this helps!

en-em
Car: 2005 QX56 & 2007 M35X

Thanks Timmbo!!

What about the overhead rear monitor? I don't have a monitor and can't decide if I want an OEM drop down or look into headrest monitors. I wanted the DVD player for kids and other people in the back. I don't think I'll be watching much from the front. Any ideas or options I have with that? If so, how does adding the mod from tvandnav2go.com affect the rear monitor? Do you have any suggestions about where to get a rear monitor and DVD player that goes in the center console? Will anything fit?
Timmbo wrote:
First off, welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you here in the Armada/QX56 Forum!

You sound just like me, you like to have some pretty cool features, but you like to keep the clean, OEM look.

The Sirius is a fairly easy and straight forward install. I installed XM on my '04 QX56. It was a matter of installing the receiver (under the driver's side dash) and installing the Antenna (on the roof, near the back driver's side corner). The Sirius kit from Nissan/Infiniti comes with really good instructions. You can order everything you need from:

http://www.grubbsperformance.com

Now, as far as the DVD goes, the BEST thing to do is order the switch unit from:

http://www.tvandnav2go.com

Purchase the model where you splice the wires (not the plug & play). You will tap into the wires that connect to the Navigation DVD-Rom drive located underneath the passenger seat. You will then need to install (or have installed) a DVD player in your center console. You will then run a regular set of Audio/Video Cables (yellow, white, red) connecting the Tv&Nav2GO module with your DVD player. You will then have a DVD player that plays through your existing sound system that you can watch on you Navigation screen at the flip of a switch. This is clearly the more difficult of the two modifications, but it can be done, and the end result is everything you want, with a completely factory look.

Hope this helps!

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

The tvandnav2go doesn't do anything for the rear monitor. Your best bet is to just have a flip down monitor installed and a DVD player in your center console. I would suggest going to a trusted and reputable car/audio dealer.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”