Hello All !

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Larryblade
Car: Cars

I'm brand new to this forum and want to say hello to everyone. Also I've got some news:

I presently own a 2002 Lexus SC430 convertible. I also own a 2003 G35 Sedan that my wife drives.

I'm in the process of selling my Lexus and looking into getting a 2004 G35 Coupe. I'm working with a local dealer and investigating the addition of several performance upgrades as follows:

- Supercharger- ECU- Coil overs- Exhaust (true dual)- Cold air intake- Headers- Aluminum flywheel- Aluminum under pulley kit- Ground wire kit- High flow cats

When all is said and done, I'll be looking at a 360~370 hp, dependable, reliable, Porsche killer.

In the past 4 years, I've had a Mitsubishi VR4, an Acura NSX and the Lexus. I'e been searching for the perfect comfortable vehicle, that performs and handles. I think the G35 may be it.

Any comments or questions folks?

By the way, if you take a look at the "Club Lexus" and "NSX Prime" forums, you'll see me listed as "Larry". I have no clue how my name got to be "Larry BLADE" here, but I'm going to change it.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Welcome to our humble little community Larry. Sounds like you have some grand plans for that G. You need to keep us posted on what you have done and the performance. I don't think too many people in the G section have done any mods to their cars yet. It all sounds pretty kick ***.

Ryan

Super Dave

if i had your kind of money, i'd dump it into a new M3 with the SMG transmission.....you'd be looking at over 400 bhp with those mods. Although, I must say I really do love my G. The best part is that it is much more rare than all those BMWs and you get more car for the money. The M3's about 20k more and it is at best slightly better overall.

Larryblade
Car: Cars

Dave,

I don't have that kind of money.......The VR4 was a 1998 that I financed....I sold it and bought the NSX with money from an inheritence and then swapped it for the Lexus and the dealer gave me $6k back in cash. The Lexus is 100% owned. I'm using it as "equity".

I just wanted to explain as I don't want to come off sounding like a bore rich guy. I'm a workin' joe like most other folks.

That said..........I'm not thrilled with the M3's. My buddy has an 02 convertible. Very quick and handles well but rattles, shakes and squeaks like a crack ho'.

I want performance and handling as well as relibility.........hence the G35 Coupe. I'll "settle" for 370 ponies in a Japanese car.

Super Dave

his probably squeaks and rattles because it's a convert....big difference if you get a coupe

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”