HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
GO240
Car: 1990/1/2/3/4/5/7 240sx lol

ok heres the skinny i put a 95 KA in my 89 and its being a B*TCH!!! It turns over but won't start the only motor swap i've ever done is an SR so I've know nothing I tried to bump start the car but nothing... It almost starts when i spray starter fluid in it i've set the timing several times and i'm positive its fine Its and S14 manifol with S14 plugs and i'm wondering if i swap to an S13 manifold maybe it'll start i'm hoping and also only like half the interior lights work and my blinkers don't work but my hazards do i'm thinking this is just fuses please help anyone PS i've been searching and i've already tried everything everyone else says to do it just wont cooperate

USMCgetsome
Car: OWN S13.5 RB25DET/2003 G35

well jeez... IS the fuel pump priming, is the ignition system firing, are the fuel injectors working?

GO240

yes to all of the above

liquid_cool
Car: 1990 240sx ka24de-T swap 8.6:1cr ,duelsprings ,ti retainers,supertech pistons,K1 H-beems balanced internals ect ect.

if the fuel system is priming and the ingition system is working and the fuel injectors are doing there job..there these are only 2 things it could be.....your timing is off.....or your wireing/ecu is screwd up...we here definitly need more info on this man.

GO240

I'm swapping back to an S13 intake manifold to see if thats what it is i'm pretty sure if the manifold isn't plugged in it wont start so i'm going to try this and see what happens

PS my 4 cylinder has rust on the intake valves... maybe it'll clear up?

GO240

ok i got it to start and it idles but as soon as i give a little throttle it dies down i'm thinking its a vacuum leak but i'm not sure where its from if it is i think it might be on the lower vacuum lines under the intake manifold but i thought they just went through themselves

liquid_cool
Car: 1990 240sx ka24de-T swap 8.6:1cr ,duelsprings ,ti retainers,supertech pistons,K1 H-beems balanced internals ect ect.

GO240 wrote:ok i got it to start and it idles but as soon as i give a little throttle it dies down i'm thinking its a vacuum leak but i'm not sure where its from if it is i think it might be on the lower vacuum lines under the intake manifold but i thought they just went through themselves
replace all the vacume lines..just go buy about 6ft of hose and cut to fit as needed for under the intake..if that dont fix it then there is sumpin else goin on man.

jramos
Car: 1996 Nissan D21 4x2 XE 2.4L

Yeah I have the same problem, I originally needed to fix a swirl control valve control solenoid valve vacuum leak, I found the culprit (which was vacuum rubber hose that was frayed through) but to get to it I had to remove the whole intake manifold, in doing so I surmised if I'm going to take off the intake might as well replace all coolant and vacuum lines in the process so I did that and I've followed all vacuum piping diagrams out there available and once I get everything back together, I start it, it turns over but once I let off gas it dies doesn't even idle. It's apparent it's getting spark and fuel, but the diagrams I've referenced poorly display the origin and insertion of each individual vacuum line. I don't know where to begin but to say I connected a vacuum line wrong. But the only questionable bad connections are the metal piping gallery that come off the evap and purge canisters of which are 4 individual pipes that interconnect to the vacuum gallery of metal piping attached to the intake manifold. On the diagram they label the vacuum gallery on MAP/BARO side abcd but when observed on the vacuum gallery attached to intake manifold it becomes perplexing to see where vacuum piping between both vacuum galleries originate and insert. Please help any help will be graciously appreciated, I'm desperate to get my truck running it's been down for almost 6 months, how embarrassing! Please help. Thank you and Godbless. :gotme

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”