heavy vibration when braking at speeds above 40mph

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
KC135_AE
Car: 2009 NISSAN Rogue 2.5L S QR25DE

I have been having severe vibration for a couple months now when braking at speeds above 40mph unless i really lay on the brakes, it dampens the vibration. i noticed that my power steering fluid reservoir started emptying slowly. Today i was in mid turn and lost all P/S fluid and obviously the power steering, all fluid is being dumped out of Passenger side where the tie rod meets the rack behind the rubber boot. I am leaning on the Rack and Pinion as my faulty ITEM, HP & LP P/s lines are dry, pump is dry only thing saturated is the area i mentioned above...new rack and pinion is $357 + $80 core charge, i havent paid for it yet but i have it ordered be here tomorrow. was the vibration a tie rod vibrating in the tie rod end play that it might of had? any thoughts ?

Sideways s12
Car: 84 turbo s12

If it's only under braking I'd check the rotors to see if they are warped first. I wouldn't suspect that P/S fluid would do anything to the rack and pinion but I could be wrong...

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”