Heater Hose Fitting Leak 2012 G37 Sport convert

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
teimat
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37 S Convertible

Hi. I am new to NICO. I have a 2012 in great shape but I just had a plastic union on the heater hose literally crumble. It is located behind the engine next to the firewall. I have owned a lot of cars and I have never seen any coolant part fail by basically crumbing into pieces. I am wondering if any other Infiniti owners have run into this. It's pretty serious to run out of coolant rapidly in a car so I would not expect a part like that to be in the coolant line. Any thoughts? Is this common in Nissan and Infiniti vehicles?

Warm Regards.

eeejay
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 S Convertible 6mt

I had the same issue a couple weeks ago on 2009 Convertible Sport 6m/t. I've been in the auto parts business for years and my experience with them is that they usually "snap" or "split". It crumbled into many smaller pieces. Less then 100,000 miles on it. I was fortunate to notice the puddle of coolant under it before leaving the store a couple miles from home. I replaced it with Gates brand from O'Reilly's.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”