Heated Seats

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
RAGTPZ
Car: 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Convertible, 2010 Infiniti FX50S

When I got my M45 last week, I traded in my Oldsmobile Aurora with heated seats that absolutely kicked butt. I basically referred to them as "*** roasters", man were they toasty. My M is equipped with heated seats but I find that they don't get nearly as warm as the Aurora's seats were. Now, the Aurora had a heating pad which did the warming and I know the M's heated seats are based on moving warm air through the seat rather than a heating pad. I would estimate that the M's seats are at about 50% of what the other car's was.

Is this normal or should I have this checked out? The seats do get warm but by no means would ever make my backside "toasty".

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Randy

M35+
Car: M35 Sport Diamond Graphite/Stone Alum, w/Journey, Tech, Aero

From what I can tell, you're not going to enjoy as warm a butt in this car as you did before.

My Touareg was awesome when it came to the heated seats. My posting on Fresh Alloy on t his topic yielded some responses that were less than encouraging.

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

RAGTPZ;I just upgraded from a ENVOY (and currently also own a Buick Regal GS); and I same the same complaint; I have only ever owned GM cars, and the seat warmers were way better than the Infiniti;

As your suspected its "normal" for this car to have less than impressive heating; however, the cooling works pretty good.tk

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Must be an Infiniti-specific design limitation, I guess. Since it sounds like you all have the same basic outcome!

Z

Rex
Car: None

I wonder how the seat heating compares to other cars that also offer seat cooling?

The older Inf's with just heated seats would toast you buns pretty good .

yodawill2000
Car: 94 Infiniti J30

Not sure If my 94 J has a pad or uses air but I gotta turn it either down or off after about 10 minutes .. Mucho Toasty !!

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Hi,

I don't think there is anything wrong with your seats either. The new M just doen't seem to put too much heat into the seat. On the other hand, I LOVE the air conditioned part. In my opinion this car offers the "weakest" heated seats of any I've had. BUT I love the car big-time.

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

My wife and I have had a FX35 for 18 months now. The FX has a heating element and has been great. I have noticed in the 100 miles I've had my car that I don't get the same warmth. I do get some but not yet to the point of turning it off due to butt burn (like the FX on high).

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

I'm not really sure how these heated seats work; but I think the issue is that they use engine heat to heat them; Sinces its got cold here in Calgary, I notice the heated seats are useless, and only start generating a little bit of heat when the the enviromental heat starts also;

I think this is a crappy design, or my seats are really badly brokentk
Modified by tkeskic at 9:14 AM 12/20/2005

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

Having ventilated seats is a new thing it seems. I wonder if other cars that have ventilated seats also use the same air from the vents. If so, someone must have thought "If we're pushing the same air from the vents to cool the seats, why not use that same method to heat the seats". I can see that being the cheaper decision than to put in proved heating coils that toast butts. Or is there some reason they thought they couldn't push cool air through AND have a heating coil? Would the heating coil get in the way of the cool air?

So if the seat temp is tied in with the cabin temp setting, does that mean we'd still get warm air coming through the seats with the seat setting on cool and the cabin temp on 80?

If they knew it was a trade off, then say it. Lexus notes on the new IS that the sport tires will likely see shorter life. Maybe that could keep someone from buying that car but at least the company gave notice.

tkeskic

Good call about the notice, they seem to do it with the airbags, but they dont tell you that voice rec doesnt work for Canadian address until you buy the car then read the manual. It would make sense that there would be a notice for that feature also; even for US customers who travel to Canada and may want directions, imagine...

I'm not in favour of a notice for all things, but if they say a feature exists - and it has some unexpected partial function or incomplete function - it stands to reason that a notice served is better than not.

However, I think they are just after the sale... after all, can you return a car for crappy seat warmers? or no Canadian voice rec for address (after all it works if I want to say a US address, while in Canada...)tk

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”