Heated Seats only get warm

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
alfred67

Hello
I just purchased a new 2018 Rouge SL Platinum with ProPILOT assist. When I have the heated seat selector on HIGH, I can feel it get warm and that's about it. I'm used to heated seats that get so hot you have to turn them off because your lower back and butt starts to get sweaty. I can't feel much heat being generated on LOW.

I had the dealer look into it for me and did determine the seats don't get as hot compared to a known working one. So they replaced the heating element but this don't solve the problem.

Wondering if any similar experiences out there???.

P.S. The dealer did check all the connects, voltage and resistance and compared it to a known working one and it all matched.

Thanks

Alfred67

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

I believe there's a thermostat in the bottom seat cushion. If it's not reading the temp correctly that would account for the low output. See if you can get the dealership to replace them.

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

I seem to notice that as well but I chalked it up to the extra padding in the pleats of my platinum reserve interior. They do get warm enough but it seems to take longer. The standard seats in my 2016 SL got hotter

Lgb0250
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

I find that heated seats are kind of hit or miss with me. My standard seat in the 18 gets very warm white the ones in my Highlander Limited Platinum don’t! Go figure. Since I paid twice as much for it as i did my SV I would have thought they would be better.

alfred67

Rogue One wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:04 pm
I believe there's a thermostat in the bottom seat cushion. If it's not reading the temp correctly that would account for the low output. See if you can get the dealership to replace them.
Is there a way to bypass the Thermostat as a trouble shooting test??

Freeartie1

I don't know much, however, by checking the 2017 FSM, there does not appear to be any temperature controller or thermostat for the seat heaters. The switch controls the current flow to the seat pads via resistors. It is a simple system.
Are you seats cooled as well? If so, ensure there is no air being blown to the seats.
Does the seat get warm when it isn't occupied? There seems to be a pressure switch in the circuit diagram which would cut off the current when there is no weight in the seat.
I will also say contact NIssan directly and ask them. There may be a liability issue here that was identified in the past that seat heaters got too hot so owners complained. So Nissan reduced the heat levels (increased the resistors in the switches).
Finally, the current flow to the seat pads may be limited as a function of alternator charging cycles. The priority will be to keep the battery at the proper charge so perhaps at slow engine RPMs, the current flow to certain accessories is reduced. Take the car on a the highway so the RPM is about 2000 RPM and then check the seat heating. Even the dealer may not know this.

alfred67

"Are you seats cooled as well?"-- No
"Does the seat get warm when it isn't occupied?"--No

"increased the resistors in the switches"--Any why to by pass the "resistors" to see if the seats will get warmer ??

"Finally, the current flow to the seat pads may be limited as a function of alternator charging cycles" --This is very interesting is there any other way to prove this??

One thing I forgot to mention is both the driver and passengers seats are the same.

Return to “Rogue Forum”