Heated seats in 03 coupe

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Cassa183
Car: '03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT

Sorry for another heated seat post. I have been lurking for a while now as I have been trying to find for myself.

but my heated seats seem only to work when they want and only for a minute or two.

have been trying to research but can not seem to come a cross a similar post please help!

Also I have been searching thru the manual and can’t seem to find the proper section.
I am not new to working on cars but electrical is not my strong point.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If it's only one seat malfunctioning and only on the "high" setting, it may be bad thermostats (there are 2 located at the base of each seatback). If it's only one but it acts up on both settings, the switch is a good bet. If they're both malfunctioning on all settings, the problem will be in either the heated seat relay, which supplies power to both, or the ground, which is common to both seats on the G35. The ground lug is on the left front floor and sometimes they'll corrode, carrying enough juice to light the indicators and run the seat motors but not enough to make the heater elements hot. On the 12V side, the relay contacts carry a lot of juice and can get crappy with old age. To check, you should see constant rail (battery) voltage when measuring from the heater power pin under the seat to a good ground. If so, the 12V side is good. With the heater on high, the ground pin should read no more than about 0.05V. If it's higher, then the ground connection is crappy. Of course you might also find corroded or burnt pins in the seat connector, that's common but not likely if it's both seats malfunctioning. Try to make your measurements while the seat is acting up, things like worn relay contacts often need to heat up before they'll act up. Hope this helps you.

Cassa183
Car: '03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT

Thank you so much for the reply. I will be checking those grounds and looking for that relay for sure and it is both seats

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome, happy to help!

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”