Heated seats availability?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
pozi240
Car: 2001 VW Bora TDI GLS, 1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE

My wife and I seriously considering picking up a new Versa SL as a commuter car (we live outside of town, about 60km one way to work), and we both really like the space and look of the Versa, BUT, my wife won't buy another new car WITHOUT heated seats (her Pathfinder has them) and my Jetta has them as well, so she really likes them. We talked to a salesman, and he thinks they be available later on, but he is not sure. So, what do you guys/girls think? Possiblity? and if not, could they be added aftermarket. I know it made sound silly, but this could be a dealbreaker for us. We are so used to the nice warm seats here in the winter, don't want to give that up.....very nice on long cold commutes down the highway up here in our cold winters....LOL.

proxim2020

Currently there's no option for heated seats. I don't think that they will have an option for heated seats for this year. All of options for the 07 have been released or have a status of "Late Availablility". If heated seats were an option, we may not see them until the 08 at the earliest. I'd be very careful with an aftermarket heated seat system. There's such a thing out there. But you have to remember that there's air bags in the seat. It may cause problems, not saying it will. Nissan may want to make it a warranty issue out of it.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

I know the Tiida in Japan has leather seats as an option... Are they heated? I know it might be an expensive way to go, but if they are, possibly having the JDM system refitted (thus alleviating the problem of incompatibility with the seat air bags) might be an option.

pozi240
Car: 2001 VW Bora TDI GLS, 1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE

I see what you're saying, but I can't see it being that "big" of a deal, my last 2 Jetta's had heated seats, AND they had airbags in the seats. The salesman must really want a sale, since he is willing to write it into the contract that when and if the heated seats become available, he will get the dealer to install it for us (barring that, he will install an aftermarket heating element into the seats - Wabasto makes a nice setup)..........so, I dunno. I would have thought this would have been an option at least, especially since VW/Audi have had it in thier cars for the last 25 years, and our older Pathfinder (99) had it as well.......... we'll see what happens. And for what its worth, the Euro market version does have it available.

Ever Victorious

Yeah, but none of those are marketed as economy cars, as the Versa is here and in Canada.

Overseas it's a near-luxury vehicle, so those things are available.

It's all about where you live, and what you're buying.

proxim2020

That's something that I wanted to put in my orginal posting. The Versa really isn't a luxury car and they don't offer luxury package. So I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw any heated seats at all. Maybe Canada will have it. They get everything

Cyclonicks
Car: Nissan Versa 2007

sucks to be you

Ever Victorious

Cyclonicks wrote:sucks to be you
Nah. that just means when we come over the border to buy all your prescription drugs, we'll just add Nissan parts to our list.

toby

It'll doubtless be quite a challenge, but you can find someone who will install heated seats. I've been quoted $1185 to add heating to both front seats, this of course including reupholstery in leather, which the installers say is necessary if the seats are to be heated. While it's true the Versa isn't a luxury car, I like you have a long commute, and I want the car to be comfortable. Also adding the remote starter in a few weeks for the winter. Good luck with everything!

cireecnop1
Car: 2007 Toyota Touring Prius w/Package#5

I think that heated seats on our fabric would be a lot nicer than on leather seats. Just my opinion, I can't stand leather!

OKVersa
Car: Nissan Versa

Uh...Living in Oklahoma, I sure wouldn't pay extra for heated seats! However, had a chance to use the rear defrost last week and it worked fast and quickly.

Return to “Versa General Chat”