fuse keeps blowing out, very strange situation

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
MEAN1NGoFLIFE
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX SE

i just started having this issue yesterday, and yes i read it up on numerous sites what the problems are but im still confused. my vehicle is a 1993 nissan 240sx.

i checked behind the cd player to see if their was un necessary grounding and i couldnt not find anything. i went through 3 fuses in a 3 hour time period. before the stereo fuse blows my headlights flip up and down automatically.

*update* i just disconnected my stereo, was backing out of the driveway to go home and not even 20 seconds after i turned the car on the fuse blew again. i honestly dont know whats going on

anybody have this problem with their s13? let me know if someone can help

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

Is it the stereo fuse under the hood or in the car? Right before it blows the headlights go up and down every time? Your car isn't low enough that you could have worn through the fender liners is it?

MEAN1NGoFLIFE

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2397/carjuly1zc7.jpg

its the 3rd fuse in the second column which is in the kicker panel inside the car which says "room lamp". when it blows out i lose power to my stereo and my clock.

yea everytime when the stereo/clock fuse blew out, the headlights went up automatically when it happened. and 1 strange time the lights went up and down like 5 times before hand by itself then the fuse blew out. but i removed the stereo from the harness, had the car on for not even a minute and it still blew out, cause i thought maybe the stereo was bad but nope

and i have a drop on my front and rear, but i have my fender liners are removed.

*update* once u said that i actually looked at the left front wheel area, and noticed my tire has been rubbing on the whole wire section that goes into the fuse box inside the car . alot of the wires are exposed so that could be the problem, should i rewrap it in electrical tape or do i need a whole new harness?

MEAN1NGoFLIFE

happed to be the wiring harness for the interior fuse box on the driver side fender well was all shaved down to bare wiring from my car being lowered and rubbing against the tire. taped up every bare wire individually and then wrapped the whole thing up in a bunch and relocated up to a higher postion. this should solve the problem

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

That's what I thought it would be. If you take the fender off, you can get the harness up pretty high in there and out of the way of the tire.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”