Heads Up - NHTSA Recall 20V-008

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

I just received, in the mail, a safety recall from Nissan regarding front passenger air bag inflators. Many years ago my '02 Pathfinder had its front passenger air bag inflator replaced by Nissan as part of a previous recall. I guess that was only a temporary fix because this current recall acknowledges the previous replacement and indicates "a final remedy is now available to repair your vehicle" at no cost. The list of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles this recall affects is too long to list here but can be found at: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2020/R ... 8-2562.PDF

QX4ME
Car: 02 Infiniti QX4 4WD
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

Thank you for posting it. I will check with local dealers for my 02 QX4. The airbag was replaced long time ago.
This reminds me of a news a few months ago, saying some airbag replaced under recall has a recall.

RoyDaGeneral
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4 2WD

QX4ME wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:49 am
Thank you for posting it. I will check with local dealers for my 02 QX4. The airbag was replaced long time ago.
This reminds me of a news a few months ago, saying some airbag replaced under recall has a recall.
Yep, I just received the notice by mail. I have an appointment with dealer in San Rafael next weekend to get it done!

Mike W.
Car: 2003 Infiniti QX4 with a drinking problem. Gas and oil.
2002 BMW 525it
1998 BMW 328is

I too just got a notice. It's the passenger side, not the drivers side? I for some reason had just assumed drivers side. Oh well, price is right.

QX4ME
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

I contacted one dealer for this recall. They confirmed mine has an open recall, and scheduled for the replacement. No loaner for the recall but lyft is available and covered.

I have not received the notice letter, maybe it was lost in the mail route or maybe it is delayed. Thank you mdmellott for the post.

QX4ME
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

My recall repair was complete about three week ago. Now I received another email about "Urgent Airbag Safety Recall", saying "...The initial recall repair was a temporary fix to help ensure your safety while new. Permanent replacement parts were being developed. THOSE NEW PARTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE! It is extremely urgent that you have this second recall repair completed in order to protect...

The email is from [email protected]. I doubt it is truly from Infiniti. I can find it out by contacting local dealer.

QX4ME
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

Oh maybe it is a legit email notice, but Infiniti does not know my recall repair was recently performed. I also did the dealer survey. How come my case is not in the Infiniti database? I will call the dealer.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”