Headrest monitors

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
maffleck

My monitors went out on my 2011 QX56. I have found some from a Salvage Yard and wonder how difficult it is to replace the headrests? I can follow instructions but have never worked on cars. The salvage yard can sell me the entire seat or just the headrests. Any advice?

marctronixx

obtain the FSM online (for free on this site) and it will show you how to remove them from the headrests. i recall reading about this and you just pop the headrest out of the sockets and disconnect the cable.

haffleck
Car: 2011 Infiniti QX56

I attempted it successfully. You cannot pop out the headrest as internally it has a clip holding it and the wiring is zip tied as well. You must open the rear of the seat and then its quite easy. My dealer wanted 3200.00 to replace the headrests. I found new ones at a salvage dealer for 600.00 and did both sides in about 45 minutes. I have never worked on cars before. To remove the rear of the seat, there are two little screws at the bottom of the back panel that must be removed. You then lift up and out on the bottom releasing the bottom section. Then pull down releasing the top section. Lastly, just release the middle section and the whole back panel opens up. Then you can clip the zip tie, release the electronics, and remove the clip up inside on the headrest post. The FSM online did help, but look for the section showing how to remove the seat and not the headrest. You only need to release the back but the explanation is under the section showing how to remove the seats.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”