Headliner removal 2018 Murano SL Moon Roof

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
akitanut
Car: 2018 Murano SL, All Wheel Drive, Moon roof

Hello!

I have a 2018 Murano SL with Moon Roof.

I just bought a dual channel dash cam. Does anyone have the factory service manual for removing the head liner? I need to run the rear camera cable and want to hard wire the unit in.

I also need the service manual for the rear tailgate. I need to remove the upper trim panels and wire loom boots. I want to run the cable inside one of the middle upper wire boots to the tailgate for a clean install.

Thanks!
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

The 17 FSM should be the same, it's at nissanservicemanual.com

Welcome aboard!

akitanut

AZhitman wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:05 pm
The 17 FSM should be the same, it's at nissanservicemanual.com

Welcome aboard!
I looked but it stops at 2016 for the Murano. I will see if the 2016 is close to what I need.

akitanut

I am happy to say it was a lot easier then I thought it would be.

Get a wiring fiberglass fish pole from Harbor Freight , $8 , Screw two sections of the fish pole together.

Open the sun roof shade not the roof. Open the hatch back. Disconnect the battery

1) Remove the map lamp assembly

2) Remove the right side visor and visor latch.

3) Remove right side grab handles for front and back seat.

4) Open hatch, remove up hatch panel.

5) Pull weather strip off upper body of hatch opening.

6) Pop head liner retainer clips at the hatch area , 3 orange clips.

7) Inside the car carefully grab the headliner around the sunroof opening on the right side. Pull down gently about 1 inch and the Velcro will release. Now look inside with a flash light and you will see the white and black Velcro. Do this from the front to rear of the head liner for the sun roof opening on the right.

8) You can now fish the dash cam wiring for the rear view camera up the side of the rear view mirror into the dome lamp opening. Leave about 1 foot coiled up and taped in the dome lamp opening and 8" dangling at the rear view mirror. There is plenty of room to tuck it in.

9)Now fish up and over the plastic brace in the dome lamp opening.

10)Keep the wiring on the outside edge of the Velcro in the sunroof opening. NOTE do not go any further because you will get to close to the airbag curtains.

11) Pull wiring to the back edge of the sunroof opening.

NOTE : Get a wiring fiberglass fish pole from Harbor Freight , $8 , Screw two sections of the fish pole together.

NOTE: You will now need a helper.

12) From the rear hatch gently hold the headliner down about 1/2 " . Use a flash light and insert the fish pole , keeping it to the right of the sunroof. You will see a black wiring harness near the sunroof. Fish under this wire harness.

13) While pushing the fish pole inwards have your helper look inside the back right corner of the hear liner for the fish pole. You want to push it into the sunroof opening and into the cab of the car about 1 foot.

14) Now tape the rear dash cam wiring to the fish pole and have your helper gently pole out.

15) Pull all the cable to the back making certain to leave the cable loose and not pulled tight in the head liner.

16) In the hatch opening you will find two rubber bellows the hatch wiring runs inside. I used the one on the right side. They come off easily.

17) Fish the wiring inside the bellows and pull all the cable out leaving it lose so the wiring can flex in the bellows.

18) Reinstall the bellows.

19) Coil up the extra wiring and tape in four spots of the coil leaving enough to plug your rear camera into.

20) Zip tie the coiled wiring to the inside of the hatch using any one of the holes that is not used for the hatch trim.

21) You will now need to notch the rear hatch trim panel to allow enough space for the wiring to pass with out getting crushed by the hatch trim when reinstalled.

22) Reinstall the rear hatch trim with the pig tail sticking out and mount the rear camera.

NOTE: I mounted my camera on the hatch trim instead of the glass. The defroster grids are tightly spaced and you do not want to mount it on the grid. You also do not want the grid to be in front of the camera which will blur out your picture in spots.

23) Now connect your battery an test your cameras work. Once you have verified the operation of the cameras reinstall all trim in reverse.

24) Give yourself a thumbs up, grab a scotch, smoke a good cigar and relish in your accomplishment. :dblthumb: :woot:

Return to “Murano Forum”