headlights?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
AunVoh

can you clean the s14a headlights? i've yet to find a way to get that yellowish hue off the lens, if anyone has had the same problem post back with what you did please.

PabloHoney

Easiest way is to go find some finger nail polish remover that has acetone in it. Put a little bit on a towel or something and rub across the headlights till they are clean. Be sure to take the headlights out so you don't hit your paint with it, cuz it will eat it.

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

one of my headlights is kinda doing that. seems like on the old board i saw a post about this and the guy said that he went and bought some meguiars plastic cleaner or sumthin and it cleaned it. i'm gonna try that fingernail polish thing tho, i hate that yellow crap.

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

Dont laugh but i heard thootpaste does the job, i don't know for my self but hell, just a walk to the bathroom doesn't hurt nobody.

if you try it and if it works could you post the difference?

BTW if its Crest or Colgate or Spearment or bubble gum flavor i don't know about that!!! :alcoholic

AunVoh

pancito wrote:Dont laugh but i heard thootpaste does the job, i don't know for my self but hell, just a walk to the bathroom doesn't hurt nobody.

if you try it and if it works could you post the difference?
are you kidding me? you just said a walk doesn't hurt anyone, so why don't you go see if it works before you post about it ;)

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

LOL, i'm not near my car right now, in fact i don't have my car right now it's in the shop, but i will get you a detailed how-to when i get it back, including brand and everything. :rolleyes

AunVoh

ah, thats cool, but i know that the finger nail polish remover works, it just scuffs it up a bit :(

MasterMan
Car: nothing running at the moment city buses "uck here

went to the infinity dealer around here.. the owner of the place invented stuff that cleans headlights.. he wont sell it because of copyright BS... but he does do the claning for like 10$ (my friend had it done) he did however say taht he would sell me some.. if u cant find anything that will do it.. i can go talk to him and see how much he would sell it for.. it really does work made my friends headlights clear agine...

ennui
Car: Cars, computers & snowboarding

What about brake lights covers? Mine look like someone took a **** in them. What can anyone say about using fingernail/Meguiar's/toothpaste/Infinity owner's secret formula on those? I mean, obviously I shouldn't use Visine . . .

AunVoh

are they dusty? what year to you have?

boMex

Tooth paste is probably a bad idea because it is abrasive. So it might scratch and make things worse. Unless of course you use Gel.

mars240
Car: workin on my car

hey...... i tried all this stuff and it doesnt work any other ideas?!?!? i really dont wanna buy new lights but its pissin me of when ppl ask y is it so yellow..... thanks

AunVoh

nail polish worked for me...

AunVoh

here it is....

AunVoh

or this...

bruinbear714

you guys ever figure out how to get the yellow hue off the headlight? I have a 97 with those fake hid bulbs and all I'm getting is white/yellow color outta the headlight! Its damn annoying!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”