Headlight Positions?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

I thouhgt that my headlight postion while using low beam was set rather low; and managed to file a inqquire with the Canadian Vechical testing centre; thewy provided the feedback below; I was wondering if anyone else had issues with the positions, and has done anything about and what responses they have had from government or Infinti etc?

----- Original Message -----From: "Compliance Engineering and Vehicle Testing" [[email protected]]Sent: 11/09/2005 03:09 PMTo: <>Subject: FW: Safety Concerns for Infiniti M35/m45 Series issue!

Dear Mr. Keskic: This is in response to your inquiry concerning the beam pattern of the HID headlamps on your Infinity M35X being too low for your personal comfort and/or safety.

While we are unable to give you a definitive answer to your driving experiences with this low beam pattern, we would advise that we have no information or evidence to suggest that the subject headlamps do not comply with the applicable federal safety standard for headlamps. It does need to be recognized however, that while a headlamp unit, as a distinct item of equipment, may well be conforming as to the requisite performance requirements, as determined in a laboratory setting, its placement and adjustment position in-situ in a given vehicle could give rise to poor performance as a result of maladjustment or poor positioning in its vehicle mounting.

Nevertheless, we have taken you inquiry under advisement and due consideration will be given to confirming regulatory compliance with the vehicle manufacturer as part of our regular compliance enforcement surveillance program.

We would, however, highly recommend that you have your local dealer physically check your vehicle for correct aiming of the headlamp unit and/or proper functioning of the automatic self-leveling feature to ensure that the beam pattern is appropriately set to the manufacturer's specifications and adjusted, in particular, to your personal preferences within those prescribed limits.

We trust this will resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your interest in motor vehicle safety."

We trust this information is satisfactory.

Compliance Engineering and Vehicle Testing, Transport Canada

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

The comments in this thread from earlier might help: zerothread?id=135050.

The M45 has auto-adjusting levelers, and yours may just need to be tweaked up. My 2003 M45 has a switch to adjust the beam position.

Z

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Thanks for the note; I got the car back from the dealer today and they said they are normal;

I'm going to try the instructions you provided and see what happens...tk

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”