headlight nightmare II

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
R240NA

KSee777 wrote:I took out everysingle thing. I use either the stalk or the side button and the fuse still blew. So that means nothing is wrong with my stalk or button, but must be a faulty wire inbetween the fuse and whatever it goes to? BTW, where does the wire go to after the fuse??:help :help :help :help

K, say the stalk switch is unplugged. Fuse is good. Plug the switch in, what happens? If it blows, then the switch is bad. If it doesn't blow UNTIL you turn the switch on, then the switch is going to ground, so it's after the switch. I don't have a wiring schematic to look at, but from my S14 I remember the switch runs straight out the lights. Are the bulbs good? There has got to be something in the chain that is bad. You say that you used either switch and it blew, so keep going from there.

KSee777

well, on a S13, there are 2 switches to activate the pop headlights, the stalk and a button. With the stalk in the off position and teh button on "closed" position, the fuse is fine. But when I either push the button or turn the stalk to headlights, the fuse blows. So I just need to know which wire is connected to what.

:help :help :help :help

KSee777

BUMPITY BUMP:toilet

KSee777

bum bum

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”