headlight help

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
hubbysride
Car: 05 Titan

So, I have an 05 Titan and I'm having headlight issues. On low beam, the drivers side doesn't come on. On hi beam, both sides come on. I've checked the fuse in theIPDM and it looks good (for the driver side low beam). I haven't checked voltages on the bulb side because I don't have a multimeter. I was wondering if there was anything else I could check or even a wiring diagram that someone might have to help troubleshoot. Is it possible that the signal for each lamp splits right off the bat at the control on the steering column? If so, it could possibly mean that the switch is bad. Was thinking about doing some continuity checks on that too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hubbysride

mrwoodsauto
Car: 04 G35

This may sound incredibly basic and please don't think I'm trying to be rude...but have you simply swapped bulbs from one side to another? I had a bad filament and my low beam was out but high was on in my G35 (also two different bulbs for the high/low functions) and it was a matter of a bad filament.

To answer your question, usually no the signal doesn't get spit. In fact the signal goes to the fuse box under the hood and splits AFTER the fuse box on it's way out. If worst comes to worst I'd get a multi-meter and check for resistance on the low and high of both sides. Next test the plug for any continuity issues. If the filament is indeed good then the only explanation would be a wire grounding out. I'd check to see if your ground to the body nearest to the headlight is oxidized. Additionally check the hot from the fuse box forward for any open wires. Even though the care is <10 years old, there's always a chance that wiring is started to get affected.

Return to “Engine Tuning”