Headlight Fogged.. Need to replace, but from where?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
RickMeyer

Hello all.

First of all, forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong section.. I saw the word "repairs" in the subtitle so this seemed like the right place to post this question.

Secondly, I own an 07 G35 sedan Journey edition (Automatic Transmission, salvage title). Just yesterday, I entered my garage and the passenger side headlight of my car caught my attention. The light appeared to be opaque (I believe this is referred to as a fogged headlight). I also noticed a fracture in the housing of the assembly. Could this fracture have allowed moisture to enter the assembly and lead to this fogginess? Seeing as that the only way to resolve this issue is to purchase a new headlight, I've already decided to buy a replacement online. I've done some browsing around online and have narrowed the possible vendors to two that I liked, but before I make the purchase I'd like to know if either of these companies is legitimate. I've been scammed in the past by seemingly legitimate companies, and I can't afford for it to happen again. Has anyone ever purchased from

http://www.go-part.com/0708-infiniti-g3 ... 41087.html
or
http://www.getallparts.com/Parts/2007/I ... aign=Nov24

The price difference of the product between the two companies is pretty great, which is why I'm suspicious..

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

before purchasing a new headlight, I'd try and clean it with a plastic cleaner. Get a good 3M one...like plasticX. 9 times out of 10 it will fix it.

redbaronk
Car: 2008 G35x w/ Premium pkg + wood

A guy detailing my car used a buffing machine with some wax or chemical on it and got the fog right out like a brand new light....

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Typical issue with the lens cover ;)

You can do the work yourself with a good plastic cleaner...

GunnysLilWife
Car: 04' Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan

I went to the dealer and had them apply LensSaver to both headlights. it cost me about 130.oo and they guarantee it for a year.

DAC Engineering
Car: (2006 G35x) (1994 Nissan D21 4x4) (1983 Datsun 720 4x4) (2005 Pathfinder pile of garbage)

Sylvania works and I have tried Meguiar's, but, the acid from the road can dig deep. I just left a very good mechanic and he said I did a good job, but the deep swiurllies are due to some acid eating deep into the plastic. Anyway, looks OK to me, better than the clouded lens I started with.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”