Headlight cracked, need guidance

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
gewbert

Hi,

I cracked my passenger side headlamp cover yesterday. The lights are still fine, it's just the cover. From what I've read so far, it's impossible to just get a cover, you have to get a whole assembly. I found a replacement on eBay but it says that one of the tabs is broken (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-10-11-12-N ... 96&vxp=mtr)

Now all I really need is to replace the lens/cover. Could I use the assembly on ebay, remove the cover and just pop it on to my current assembly? I'd just like to avoid having to pay a dealership $$$$$ to replace a stupid piece of plastic!!!

Thanks!

AlexN09
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Yes you can do that but it wouldn't afford you anything. The tab that is broken is part of the lense and would still be broken when you transferred it over to your light. Removing and replacing lenses is not as simple as popping them off. The lights have to be heated up very evenly to melt the adhesive all around the lense, both to remove and replace the lense.

Just replace the whole light.

gewbert

That's what I was thinking. Thanks!

Return to “Altima General Discussions”