Headlight buzzing noise

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
daltonnnn
Car: 1993 Infiniti j30

I have a really annoying problem with my car if anyone knows about it or had it before.

So this happened to me once since yesterday and it won't go away now.While the headlights are off and the switch is in the off position, the left headlight and highbeam stay on, and some box on the left firewall under the cruise control buzzes. It will continue to buzz on the headlight switch off position and accessory light position. If the light switch is on the full on position, everything is fine and the box is not buzzing. Or I pull the left headlight fuse or both connectors to the bulbs.

To me, I think the problem is it could be grounding somewhere, which I have no idea what, or something is wrong with that box. I need to check if the fuzzycats site has any diagrams on it so I can fix the problem.

If anyone has this problem, or has any idea, let me know. Thanks.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

i think its probably related ot the headlight relay. a common problme on the J30.

daltonnnn

is it the box under the cruise control on the firewall? if so, I guess I have to buy a new one.

yodawill2000
Car: 94 Infiniti J30

I took mine out , opened it up and resoldered all the solder joints ..Fixed the left light going out syndrom.I never had the buzzing thing but it could be a relay freaking out ..

Fuzzycats has the how too

daltonnnn

yeah, the solders in the relay was one of my ideas that it could have been. I'll do that, and see if it goes away. *Hopefully*

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”