Headlight bulb replacement

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
rgc
Car: 2008 Infiniti FX35

Does somebody know the correct procedure to replace the passenger side low beam bulb on a 2008 FX 35, I've seen the video on drivers side which gains access be removing air cleaner housing. Is the passenger side more complicated or less. Thanks

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Looks to me like it's easier, you should be able to sneak in behind the coolant overflow tank. At worst you'll need to take the tank loose and push it aside. Looks the same as a Max, so two 6mm (10mm head) screws.

rgc
Car: 2008 Infiniti FX35

Thanks for the reply , daughters car she was driving to work this morning and texted me about headlight so didn't see it 1st hand, body shop just replaced that whole assembly 2 months ago so maybe the bulb just went bad.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

rgc wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:04 am
Thanks for the reply , daughters car she was driving to work this morning and texted me about headlight so didn't see it 1st hand, body shop just replaced that whole assembly 2 months ago so maybe the bulb just went bad.
They may have got finger-oil on the bulb during replacement and didn't clean it, that will cause them to fail quickly. You have to hit them with rubbing alcohol if you accidentally touch them, same for halogens. It's because the glass isn't really glass, it's crystal. There will be an obvious discoloration on it if that was the cause of failure. If it isn't the bulb, then they may have used a cheap aftermarket assembly with a crappy ballast. Unfortunately, because it's a high-voltage breakover circuit, there's no good way to test them except with a known-good bulb. If you don't want to buy one without knowing, spend the extra time and swap left and right. That will confirm whether the problem is the bulb or the ignitor/ballast.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”